SAU Community

Return Flow Intercooler

Adham33

Honestly with that much power in mind, just get a cross flow and a forward facing plenum.

It'll make life a lot nicer when it comes to working on the car and its a lot simpler (less joins, fewer points of failure)

I tell you know, if you're going to be getting 380rwkw out of a GTST, it's going to be FAR from legal and you'll have more than a few headaches with police. Effectively turning your car and $10,000 worth of mods into a garage queen.

Just get a crossflow and get Scotty_NM35 to fab you up a pipe which can bend around the bottom of the radiator and pop up into the engine bay... No holes needed.

A big high flow turbo + E85 + Blitz return flow + factory airbox would keep you under the radar.

In the end police will always be able to find an ECU or injectors or boost controller if they want to look for them, which means anything over 170rwkw has the potential to get you found out. It's all about hiding it as well as you can. If you can keep the engine bay looking stock they won't have reason to look much further. I'd argue that any forward facing plenum is grounds to scrutinise the engine bay, versus a cooler that uses the factory piping.

But some people say blitz return flow cooler won't handle 380rkws .can only handle 250rwks

Some people don't know

I'm doing 275 with mine on a conservative dyno and I don't think it's at its limits.

don't they need a warrant or something for that? they not really allowed to pull out the interior trims are they?

Dunno what rock you've been living in, but cops are known to take kick panel out to see what ecu the car has and some cops know what colour injector caps of cars.

Welcome to Victoria.

Plus some cops doesn't even do that and decide to send you a EPA letter and let EPA do the work.

They carry portable tool kits

Screwdriver to pop open / destroy your kick panel and look for ECU

Injectors are pretty obvious if you know the engine and certain Knox people know the standard RB25 colour is dark red/maroon