SAU Community

How To Remove This F****ng Bolt ?

re34perGTT

I'm putting coilovers on my GTT and the bolt that goes on the bottom of them is wedged tight. I'm stuck on the right rear bolt. I've tried hitting spanner with a hammer, went through a can of WD-40 and even tried jacking up my ratchet to free it (rip ratchet). Does anyone have any tricks to free it? Also I can't heat it up because of rubber bushing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Pic of the bastard post-135000-0-08519200-1412002595_thumb.jpg

You need a power bar - lucky you haven't stuffed your ratchet. Then you can slip a length of pipe over the handle of the power bar for more leverage. Can't see my car for reference atm but is there a nut on the other side you could try?

Also give the bolt a couple of good blows with a hammer to try to break the bond. Not so many that you deform the head.

There's a bit of metal in the way of the nut on the other side so I can't slip my spanner over it. I'll try the power bar and loctite freeze. Not too keen on buying a rattle gun as id blew the bank on coilovers but if that doesn't work I'll have to as the bolts starting to strip. Cheers for the help guys and I'll let you know how it goes.

I busted my ratchet doing it with the hydraulic jack haha. I finally got the rear bolts off using the bar but now I'm stuck on the front ones. There's not much space to use the bar between the rotors and fenders. Has anyone changed suspension before and if so could you tell me how you removed the front bolts ??