SAU Community

Round 3 - Sau Vic Go Kart Series

Tony Olsson

10641098_10153469745394386_4661599027836

The SAU Vic 2014 Go Kart Series is run the last Sunday every 2nd month at several different Karting venues around Melbourne. This year has 3 rounds of racing with trophies/prizes awarded to the top 3 places at the SAU Vic Go Kart Series end of year meet and award night held after the last race.

Rounds are run as per venue rules and points are won just like a 2014 F1 race (without doubles points for the last round) –

1st - 25pts 2nd – 18pts 3rd – 15pts 4th – 12pts 5th – 10pts

6th – 8pts 7th – 6pts 8th – 4pts 9th – 2pts 10th – 1pt

This third round sees the series at GO Kartsport Racing. The 480m track has sweeping bends and straights for overtaking. A 30.6sec average lap time should make for some quick fun racing!

10668953_10153421795739386_4552393883809

Entry to the event is $80 per driver which includes -

• 10lap Qualifying Session
  • 20lap Race
  • Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd
  • After race eats at 'Fat Bobs'

This is an open event to members and non-members of SAU Vic so feel free to invite a friend or family member to join in on the fun!

11:30am meet with a 12:00pm race start.

To enter simply show your interest here and have your name added to the list then pay on the day of the race.

You can also send in your race fees to secure your spot for the day to -

Name: Skylines Australia - Victoria
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 033305
Account: 265609

For a reference when you make the payment put - 'GK3 forum-name' - so we know who paid and what you are paying for.

There are limited spots open so get your name/race fees in to secure your place on the grid for the second round of the SAU Vic Go Kart Series!

Driver List -

Lee

Martin

John

Chris

Oscar

Simon

Ray

Simone

Sam

ill pencil this in.

theres no outdoor area for BBQ, unless we want to stand next to chesterville road like a bunch of muppets :P

They said they did! Might have to contact them about this, thanks.

hmm maybe if youre in the area pop in and have a look/chat

Its about 10mins from my work, I drive past it on the way home, will pop in tonight and check it out...

Understand things change but at the prior round there was mention of the last round being at an outdoor venue with undulations - or was I off with the fairies.

I'm just putting a mental note of the tracks I've been to/would like to go to, so interested if there was another public accessible outdoor venue

Understand things change but at the prior round there was mention of the last round being at an outdoor venue with undulations - or was I off with the fairies.

I'm just putting a mental note of the tracks I've been to/would like to go to, so interested if there was another public accessible outdoor venue

Would have loved a final outside round and even more so with good weather pretty much on us but as Simon said there were dramas with the booking (or the trying of at least! BAHHH!!!!).

Think this as a backup track should be ok though, hope people enjoy it on the day :)

• 2 weeks later...

So seeing as though there is no place for a BBQ at the next round there was a place needed for after Kart eats. Such a place has been found and its called Fat Bobs!

Fat Bob's Bar and Grill is located in Moorabbin on the southeast side of Melbourne and is home to handcrafted burgers such as the Jackie-O and the Victa.

To compliment these they offer a diverse array of icy cold beers from around the world, as well as cocktails, milkshakes and spiders. This can all be enjoyed amongst the neon and vintage sign wonderland that is Fat Bob's dining room.

So follow us less than 1km down to Fat Bob's after the race for some re-fueling at one of Melbourne's best Burger joints!

Check out their menu at.

http://www.fatbobs.com.au/menu-burgers.html

• Like 1

spent the weekend shaving my body to get an aerodynamic advantage..

we are doing nude go karts yeah?

Sorry Martin, this round will be clothed... The Great Gokart Disaster of 2010 has limited our options when it comes to Pubic Liability Insurance.

A sad day in the club history.

#neverforget