SAU Community

R32 Gtst New Audio Everything?

R32/Ta22

hi guys. im thinking of replacing an old aftermarket dvd player /sterio /head unit that doesnt work. i was thinking of replacing the speakers if they dont work and all speaker wire because i dont know if its all connected.instead of mucking around looking to see if it works i was thinking of just buying it all. i have seen i think big thinck amp or sub wire that has been cut when the last owner might have had a sub in there. it has an old original looking amp thing in the boot still, is it worth getting a new one. i would like to know what i need to purchase to redo the whole thing but only the basics. i dont have to much money to spend lots on it.

Rip all the old wiring out and inspect them. If they look dodgy at all or you're not comfortable with them, run new wires.

That's the sensible option.

You know most people would start a thread and ask for more advice.....

• 4 weeks later...

Put new wiring through!!

When you're forking out the cash for a full system, might as week spend the extra $200ish for new wiring..

When I did mine, kicker were selling full wire kits for about $150 (with a range of different gauges depending on how crazy you want to go).. The wire kits even come with a 10-15 year warranty, which (If I remember correctly) covers your system for any blowouts...

I'd suggest it getting it all professionally installed though!!