SAU Community

1000Ccs Maxed Out At ~500Hp? E85 + Walbro 460

Pretty sure they are 8mm od not id, I did the upgrade myself to -6 lines which off the top of my head are 8mm id, have too double check, but that standard size would start to restrict flow at around the 350ish mark depending on setup

They do, I just didn't want to be the bearer of bad news. His mech possibly ripped him off.

There is no way a 6mm line would restrict flow that much anyway, the reg only has a 2-3mm hole bypassing fuel. ;)

I'm on about the hard line not the hose, which would be 8mm id. The reg size restricting flow from the rail is different too the hard line restricting flow too the rail, but it sounds like its sorted so all good. ;)

Pretty sure they are 8mm od not id, I did the upgrade myself to -6 lines which off the top of my head are 8mm id, have too double check, but that standard size would start to restrict flow at around the 350ish mark depending on setup

-6 is 6/16th ala 3/8" ala 9.5mm id

Greg from a few posts up made 400kw through an auto, stock fuel lines, rail, Nismo reg. As we found, it was the shitty Ryco that held him back, probably the same reason most fuel systems fail the flow test.

Not sure where the stock lines become a restriction because everyone just assumes they need to upgrade the fuel system by then. Now the Walbro e85 pumps are available, going to externals/surge tank isn't really required on the road, so more people are pushing the boundaries, while keeping the factory rails and lines for stealth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mean if u get ur Car tuned with a new fuel filter, it will soon lean the tune right out as it clogs? Or is there a decent brand of filter or bigger filter that won't clog... As easily anyway? Currently have 1300cc injectors in an just run in my new engine, I only have a Bosch 040 fuel pump which tuner said would max around 500hp with e85. N said maybe a twin in fuel tank mite be a possibility as I don't really want a surge tank taking up the already small boot. Or is there in tank single fuel pumps that'll run 600hpatw no worries. These "E85" pumps, are they fine for normal fuel too? As I'll be running wotever suites at the time.

Stainless steel mesh filter instead of Ryco/Nissan OEM or other paper style, as espoused by Scotty. look for his posts on the topic, of which there is probably one IN THIS THREAD.

E85 pumps are fine on petrol. Twin pumps is not as good as a single. If one of a parallel pair dies, you still get fuel flow, but not enough and you get a lean out and bang.

True. If you have the ability. There's a lot of ECUs out there that don't.

get with the times :)

saved my motor on the track last time, car cut out then gave it another hit on the straight and realised.. fuarkkk my AFRs are lean as..!

turned out my FPCM died so my dual relay setup with my own resistor pack was only giving my pump ~10V, then earthed the 2nd relay and away I went again till I snapped my front anti roll bar link LOL

get with the times :)

saved my motor on the track last time, car cut out then gave it another hit on the straight and realised.. fuarkkk my AFRs are lean as..!

turned out my FPCM died so my dual relay setup with my own resistor pack was only giving my pump ~10V, then earthed the 2nd relay and away I went again till I snapped my front anti roll bar link LOL

You used an expensive ecu to protect your engine from your poorly designed wiring arrangement. If you had just run a standard direct power feed like I suggested you wouldn't be having this issue, and no expensive protection would be required. :P

I must admit, I am a little jealous, I would love the new Haltech Elite...

You used an expensive ecu to protect your engine from your poorly designed wiring arrangement. If you had just run a standard direct power feed like I suggested you wouldn't be having this issue, and no expensive protection would be required. :P

I must admit, I am a little jealous, I would love the new Haltech Elite...

hahaha I really wanted a low voltage step down!

hey wasn't a poorly wiring arrangement, the only flaw in my setup was relying on the factory FPCM to give a signal to my relay to route the ground into the resistor pack and once a signal was given from the FPCM the relay would ground off the negative feed into the pump.

Positive side runs into another 40AMP relay which goes into a 30AMP fuse into the battery.

:)

I had an issue last time I went to my tuner to raise my boost and get my tune touched up - said fuel (e85) was leaning out when we tried to bump up the boost and injectors (nismo 740s) were near max

Said it could have been a number of things eg. my 044 was on its way out or perhaps a simple blocked filter or fuel lines

ive been a bit slack and im yet to go back but I have changed my filter since and car does seem to be running a bit richer

what mesh filters are people running? and do you still change them every 5k or longer?