SAU Community

Intercooler Pipe Keeps Popping Off

rb25debt

I have a rb25det with basic mods, bigger turbo, 7psi external gate. For some reason when it boosts, the intercooler pipe pops off which is connected to the turbo. I got t clamps and it still does it? Is my intercooler blocked, i cant think why this would be happening. thanks guys

• Like 1

Not sure what boost?

lol

so you could be running a bazillion psi and thats your problem?

lol

get some T clamps, they are the way to go, if you cbf taking the turbo off and running a bead of weld around it, then make sure you've got a nice fitment, strong T clamp, and use a proper silicon hose, not some cheap ebay 5 dollary!

post-89929-0-78324300-1413341511_thumb.jpg

well if you drive along and you hit boost and the car pulls harder then your intercooler isnt blocked. in saying that its not "blocked" it might be partially blocked.
but i would have to agree with some of these other guys, cleary your running Fark loads of boost! if its still popping off a t clamp. install boost controller and report back :)

I had the waste gate hooked up wrong, wastegate is now opening but doesn't build much boost and runs like crap. Its a standard rb25det with a chinese t3/t4 type turbo. It is not tuned for the turbo, would this be why. Do you think just putting a standard 25det turbo would be a good idea. thanks guys

Yes.

Not being tuned is the blatantly obvious reason why it runs like crap.

Coupled with crap turbo. And potential damage caused by your mad over boost sessions.

Putting stock turbo back on would make your life very easy.

Edited by Ben C34

where do people find these cars... I swear once a week there's a thread from someone buying a car that has a T3/T4 Ling long ebay special, stainless highmount, boost leaking FFP and a standard ECU.... and they're asking us why it runs like shite if at all

• Like 1

For every person we hear from there are probably 20 we don't know about. Eventually they replace all the decent stock parts with fail parts, then sell the car after they realise it's farked.

Those T bolt clamps are crap.

Two norma clamps may hold it to 15psi or so, more than that it needs a lip.