SAU Community

Nagisa Auto Rca

Roy

Bought these RCA from Japan for my R32 GTSt, Just fitted them and the circlip doesnt bottom out and locate the ball joint on the arm like it should

Its an R32 GTSt LCA 100%, I am wondering if they sent me a rear or a front R33 one or something that allows for a different height between the flange of the arm and the circlip groove?

Thoughts...people know the difference between all the relative front/rear and model ball joints?

post-462-0-55583800-1413792740_thumb.jpg

post-462-0-29002000-1413792822_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

LOL, so now that I have had some machine shims machined to suit the OD of the ball joint I have managed to pack the difference in height so now happy.

But....sadly this brings me on to the next problem. The shank is different in taper and diameter.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nagisa-auto-hyper-roll-center-adapter-front-nissan.html

They are claiming the same part number but appears as though they use different tapers so fark knows why they sell what appear to be suited to R32 owners S13 ball joints.

Can anyone confirm the differences between ball joints between various S-model platforms and R32s???

The taper on the Nagisa Auto RCA appear to be thicker at the top. Tempted to turn them down but fitting them in a lathe wont be exactly easy. This is starting to get frustrating :(

Seems in hindsight I shoudl have checked Ikeya who list different part numbers. Seems they are the only ones that care about being right rather than close enough is.... I dont want to spend the money but at least I can be sure they will fit. After buying new bushes, RCAs etc the std front arms already owe me about $350-400 and really want to try and make it work if I can find an RCA for an R32 GTSt

http://www.rhdjapan.com/ikeya-formula-roll-center-adjuster-pillow-lower-arm-kit-nissan.html

Just found this posted on a forum by Cazman

S13 Front
Taper low diameter 15.8mm
Taper High diameter 18mm
Taper length 19.5mm 20mm
Diameter where it presses in 41mm

S13 Rear
Taper low diameter 15mm
Taper High diameter 18.6mm
Taper length 23mm or 23.5
Diameter where it presses in 38mm

R32 front
Taper low diameter 15mm
Taper High diameter 18.6mm
Taper length 23mm
Diameter where it presses in 41mm

OK some other numbers copies and pasted from other forums

The S13 balljoint has the following measurements:
length of taper 19.5mm
diameter at top of taper 16mm
diameter at bottom of taper 18mm
length of threaded section 22mm

The R33 balljoint has the following measurements:

length of taper 24mm
diameter at top of taper 15mm
diameter at bottom of taper 18.5mm
length of threaded section 23mm

It seems the Nagisa listing is wrong and need to buy their S14. Silly bastards. LOL anyone need S13 RCAs ?

So broke out the verniers and hunted through boxes of rubbish to find my old R32 GTSt ball joints.

The R32 balljoint has the following measurements:

length of taper 24mm
diameter at top of taper 15mm
diameter at bottom of taper 18.5mm
length of threaded section 23mm

LOL, so same as R33, provided those dimensions posted above for R33 are correct. But based on Sick_R31 is saying they are and finally can go spend another small fortune with some peace of mind

From my reading most S14/15 and later R33/34 platofrms use the same front to rear. The R32 uses different ball joints from to rear.

I will measure them up though as I have the R32 GTSt rear and the new R33 GTR rear cradle with Nismo arms etc so have them there to measure up.

Hey Roy, if you come across the rear, outer LCA ball joint sizes can you post them up too? Or are all the ones you've been posting for the rear LCA outer ball joint?

Are you chasing replacements or looking to get something machined up? For replacements http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/steering-and-suspension/lower-ball-joint-bj261.html and measurements i should be able to get some by Friday