SAU Community

Boost Gauge Wiring

DN14

So i either didn't receive an instruction manual with my gauge kit or i just lost it, anyway

could someone enlighten me on how the wiring works in this particular setup please ? (which is what)

so far i have the vacuum hose routed to inside the cabin and just need to wire this thing up

but am having difficulty without this manual

post-136677-0-30514600-1413792478_thumb.jpg

Edited by DN14

So i either didn't receive an instruction manual with my gauge kit or i just lost it, anyway

could someone enlighten me on how the wiring works in this particular setup please ? (which is what)

so far i have the vacuum hose routed to inside the cabin and just need to wire this thing up

but am having difficulty without this manual

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.... Red = positive! black = ground and green = boost signal.

I'd get 12v power to both ground both blacks, then connect the green from solenoid to the green on the gauge. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.... Red = positive! black = ground and green = boost signal.

I'd get 12v power to both ground both blacks, then connect the green from solenoid to the green on the gauge. :)

thanks mate!

WTF, has it had a 9v battery hooked up to it at some point?

Looks pretty sketchy to me, Personally I'd buy another gauge but thats just me.

Anyway, as above, red - Power, looks like its supposed to tee in where the 9v battery terminals are. Black will be ground, but not sure if you have to earth it or if it earths through the MAP sensor mount. and green just hook up to the other green. My gauge has 2 seperate plugs, one is the 3 wires back from the gauge, and the other is power, earth and illumination

WTF, has it had a 9v battery hooked up to it at some point?

Looks pretty sketchy to me, Personally I'd buy another gauge but thats just me.

Anyway, as above, red - Power, looks like its supposed to tee in where the 9v battery terminals are. Black will be ground, but not sure if you have to earth it or if it earths through the MAP sensor mount. and green just hook up to the other green. My gauge has 2 seperate plugs, one is the 3 wires back from the gauge, and the other is power, earth and illumination

yeah i was surprised to but the battery was there for demonstration purpose, outside the box theres a "test me" button

currently confused were to earth now lol

yeah they were all like that picked it up from repco, its Autotecnica

anyway earthed to lighter socket all seems working fine

You can connect the black cable to any metal point in the vehicle. I generally use the metal dashboard frame and place the black wire under a screw. :)