SAU Community

Rb20Det Valves Hit Piston Marks.

david69

hey all any ideas.

bought a rb20det..opened it up and found little marks where the valves have just touched the clearance cut outs in all pistons in and ex.about 2 mm near the 1/3 circle valve clearance cut outs.each one has about 3 little hits not very deep.its had adj inlet cam gear set on 0,arp headstuds and a 1.3 mls gasket.valves on head have no marks.this is probably why it had 05 pistons put in and the head recoed at one stage.i want to install hks 264 9.1mm cams and heavy valve springs but I want to know how could these marks have happened.do I need to put a thicker headgasket..is this usually a problem.cheers

Nope.someone please get a f cking spoon out for me please. I tried for 1 1/2 hours last night still couldn't upload a photo.Yep I know instructions have been sent to me.and also no luck searching on google how to do it.i tried looking for a "direct image link function" button. so in imjur there is a column on the right with all the http locations when I get my photo up and when I click on the little icon on the left hand side it says copied.how do I get it to my post.On my post I tried clicking on the paste buttons = no good.i tried to drag it from injur to sau but it doesn't work. I need a spoon. I don't want to read another ten posts of negative crap of how ive been instructed. ive tried and I just cant seem to get it to work.i appreciate the positive help.i just want to get a picture of this bloody piston up.Oh I also tried clicking on the actual pic to copy...nope no luck......