SAU Community

Who Has Done Adjustable Front Camber Bushes?

DaveB

If you have swapped your front, upper, outer camber bushes for adjustable ones (ie. Whiteline, SuperPro, Nolathane, etc. etc) I would like to buy your old bolts!

Here is my predicament... all the adjustable units use an "eccentric bush" design, and these use crush tubes which are threaded at either end and come with their own bolts:

old_camber_tube.jpg

The original unit, however, is an unthreaded crush tube, which has one long bolt that goes all the way through, with a nut on the other end.

new_camber_tube.jpg

I have had the adjustable units for some time, but now I am upgrading to adjustable castor arms, and I need the original bolts. The workshop which fitted mine has I think discarded my original bolts.

If you still have your original bolts, I'll give you $20 plus postage for them :) It would save me a long wait for the parts to come from Japan.

Alternatively, if you have any other ideas, I'm all ears... I think the R33 and R34 (GTST, GTT and GTR) all used the same bolts, but RWD stagea is different (S14).

Cheers

DaveB

Sorry threw mine away...but can you not just measure the length and diameter and go to an engineers supply shop and buy a couple of high tensile bolts and Nyloc nuts?

Sorry was thinking of camber but without looking would it hold also for castor arms?

Edited by KiwiRS4T

Thanks guys. I looked around and ended up getting some second-hand R33 bolts, which are the same. Fitted them last night (getting those camber bushes in can be a real pain) and car is with the wheel aligners now. I have gone to adjustable camber arms, since I have had 4 sets of eccentric-bolt-adjustable camber bushes, and I still didn't have enough camber adjustment on the driver's side.