SAU Community

Rb20 Starting And Throttle Response Help...

I have a 89 skyline gts-t. I drove it for a couple weeks and i was having problems with what seemed to be fuel cutting around 4200 rpms. So i took the computer out and it reads MEC-R109 also has a chip in it. Well now the first 4 to 5 starts it starts up and dies. Then after that it stays running but poorly. It has no throttle response, it acts like it is hitting a rev limiter around 3 grand. So i unplugged the maf sensor and it will not start without it. When i get it running i can unplug the tps and it runs the same as well as the maf sensor as well nothing changes but maybe 200 rpms and it goes up thats all. The little red led light in the computer blinks as well as the exhaust temp gauge on the dash. They just keep blinking all the time and will not throw a code. I just dont know what else to do I looked at my wiring and it all seems to be in tact. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

If I had another one I would, I live in Ohio so it's not the easiest thing for me to get but I can buy another one and wait for it and try it. Also should i get another one with the same exact numbers on it? I was really hoping it wasn't the ecu. But i'm also new the Skyline scene.

Edited by jeremymc45

Nah, get an ECU for RB20DET (standard), manual I presume?

Quick google search:

http://homepages.vodafone.co.nz/~lakewood/Skyline/ECU%20Identification.txt

Quick bing search:

http://webbersrbguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:rb-ecu-part-numbers&catid=45:wiring-electrical-a-ecu&Itemid=23

Do you guys have Japanese spares wreckers? If not, maybe import one from Yahoo Auctions Japan (via a third party shipper, in Aus we have Jesse Streeter and Import Monster to name a couple).