SAU Community

Joining Sau Qld!

Cadmoon

Welcome!!

So, you've decided that you want to become an official member of the SAu Queensland Car Club. Please read on for a list of things you need to do before you can become a member.

We have simplified the process for you! As opposed to downloading and emailing us a form, it's all online now and all you need to do is fill it out and hit submit.

Steps:

• Click the link below and fill out the online application form with all of the required information.
  • Wait for confirmation that your form has been received and accepted via PM/email from one of the Exec team
  • Make payment of your membership fee. This amount will be specified in your acceptance PM/email. Payment can be made by either sending a cheque/money order or by depositing funds directly into our club bank account (please use your forum name as reference)

Name: Skylines Australia Queensland Club
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 034 063
Account Number: 354 012
(Please do not send cash in the mail, for obvious reasons!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click here for the online application form.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much does membership cost?
A. We have a new membership fee structure in place to bring ALL of our member's renewal dates inline with the 31st December each year. There are 2 types of membership. Local membership (those living within a 100km radius of Brisbane GPO), and Regional membership (those living outside a 100km radius of Brisbane GPO)

• Membership renewal fee for Local members : $20 per year
  • Membership renewal fee for Regional members : $10 per year

If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the executive via email ([email protected]) or PM

Q. Is SAu Qld CAMS affiliated?
A. Yes, we are!! SAU QLD joined CAMS in 2009.

Q. What happens if I forget to pay my renewal fee?
A. Each year, a member of the Executive team will send out a membership renewal reminder. If you miss making payment your membership will be terminated. To rejoin you will need to pay the processing charge again on top of the applicable joining fee, as your membership has expired. You will however retain your original membership number.

Q. Why become a member?
A. When you become a member you are entitled to attend Public and Member Only Event Days at member discount prices. Check out the calendar for some of our upcoming events. Also as a member you are entitled to receive discounts and other benefits from our Sponsors.

Q. What happens after being accepted as a member?
A Membership Kit will be posted to you. This kit contains:

- Laminated Membership Card
- 2 SAu Stickers
- SAu QLD exclusive lanyard
- List detailing current SAu Qld Club Sponsors where you can obtain discounts

Q. Do I have to drive a skyline to join?
A. No. We do however like to see a healthy enthusiasm for Skylines, Stageas, Cefiros, Maximas and other Nissan imports! Please remember though that as a Nissan Skyline Club there will be on occasion "Skyline Only" events, for example the Skyline Charity Cruise where only eligible vehicles will be invited to attend (eg. any vehicle must meet the 2 out of 3 rule: Nissan, Skyline, RB powered).

Q. Who are the Executive Members of SAu Queensland?

President - Michael (Cadmoon)

Vice President - Pete

Treasurer - Andrew (-Boz-)

Secretary - General - Mel (Melly)

Secretary - Memberships - Connie

Q. How can I contact the Executive Team if I need to?
A. The executives are contactable via PM on the Club forum. Alternatively, you can email [email protected]

Further Information

* If you wish to make your payment using Direct Deposit, please use your forum name as the reference. If you don't do this, your payment may not be noticed on the bank statement and there may delays in getting your Member Information Kit to you.

* Your Member Information Kit will be posted to you after confirmation of your payment and/or after your cheque has been cleared.

If you have any other questions which haven't been addressed, please feel free to email [email protected] or PM me

Cheers

Michael (Cadmoon)
President on behalf of the Executive Committee

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
30 minutes ago, Cadmoon said:

Hi Andy, sadly SAU Qld is no longer an operating club due to lack of interest in memberships. 

That’s a shame I use to be a member back in 2007 and was apart of the men’s health  charity cruise that was on I remember there use to be heaps of members 

The charity cruises were great. I'd love to see some new blood show interest in starting it up again but sadly most of the people interested in a financial club sold their skylines and moved on. 

• Like 1

Yeah ever since the new laws came in and the police started going overboard with defects it died off that’s why I sold my 32 to much attention in the wrong way even with mod plates they where still assholes 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some great cars from a long time ago.. I would be keen for a meet and greet somewhere. So much junk at meets these days with plenty of cops but they rarely do anything either...

• 2 months later...

Ok... So its Been a long time since I've been on here due to other life commitments, so I'm putting this out there.... Is anyone in SE QLD interested in getting the Club back up & Running again?

• Like 2

On 01/08/2019 at 4:16 PM, MBS206 said:

No such thing as cheap skylines any more :(

See a few clean ones pop up every now and again. 

My issue is current parking space. Have kids these days, so the toy is an old 60 series LandCruiser that can fit them all. 

Might be a few more years until I return to a Nissan