SAU Community

V35 For Stripping

Hey guys, I have done a quick search but could not find anything on the forum about this topic.

The rubber stripping along the bottom of my passenger door is looking a little worse for wear an is frayed on the edge. Has anyone here had to replace/repair these before? Is this something any auto trimmer can do?

Thanks in advance.

post-33066-0-71080800-1414800641_thumb.jpg

It's the 80838M (RH) + 80839M (LH) here http://infiniti.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/800B02-BodySideRear-G35Coupe-2005.html

I bought a new right hand one from sewell parts when i bought my car, shipping is a killer though and make sure you buy new plastic screws 80820C x9 i think. I forgot to get the screws but i got them from nissanparts cheap anyway. Not sure if they can get the actual strip.

They come painted so you'll need the right coded part which references the colour. e.g. 80838AM93A which is i think brilliant silver and the one i got.

I used infiniti parts to check the code as they show colours but they don't seem to have the strips anymore http://www.infinitipartsonline.com/auto-parts/2005/infiniti/g35/base-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/gaskets-and-sealing-systems-scat/?part_number=80839ac50a but they do have other parts with the same code. AM91D white?

Edited by scuttee
  • Like 1

"V35 For Stripping"... at first when I read this I thought you were parting with your V35... :unsure:

First I felt excited - that there may be rare parts up for grabs... Then I felt sad and disappointed - thinking that a car as beautiful as a V35 was being 'parted out'. :closedeyes:

Just read your post and realised you're literally looking for 'stripping' for your V35 lol :no:

Haha yeah, autocorrect changed "door" to for... I tried to edit it won't let me change the title! If any admin can fix this, please do so...

Thanks for the advice scuttee, I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a self repair of mine bout 4 years ago using some rubber seal adhesive I had at home and it has worked a treat but if you don't have any at home the price of buying some might be better spent on brand new ones.