SAU Community

Anyone Want To Swap My Turbos Over For Me - Cash Job?

Rhiann

Hey everyone,

So my 32 GTR has experienced some turbo issues and I have a set of standard 32 GTR turbos (2nd hand in good condition) and a turbo gasket kit ready to go ... only problem is ... I need someone to do the swap for me! Anybody here know what they're doing and able to do it ASAP (I need my car for work!). Will pay cash...

Let me know if you're interested - car is located in Patterson Lakes but I can get it towed (within a reasonable distance)

Cheers

I would kindly offer but I have a few other cars to finish first. Hopefully someone else can help you.

Personally, if I was removing the ceramic turbos, I would replace them with brand new -9 Garretts, not old shagged oem turbos. It's hard enough to do the job once without finding out the replacement ones are stuffed and doing it all again. When the OEM ones let go they often take the engine with it, it's just not worth the risk imo.

Take it to OTR in Clayton/Springvale

Can't guarantee a fast fix but they are reasonably cheap.

Also, how do you know it's a problem with the turbos themselves?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yeah, I presumed that the pic was of some other car, because of the F. Ikeya arms.
    • Did a little bit this afternoon and pulled the dump and turbo off so I could take the mani off to clean it up and give it a few coats of paint. Wire wheeled what I could get to and then got the sand paper out to get the tight spots. Gave it one coat so far, will do another two tomorrow and see if I can fit it in the oven to bake it for an hour along with the adapter and dbw.  Hoping the exhaust wrap I ordered turns up soon so I can wrap the dump and screamer. Ordered 30M so I'll wrap back as far as I can to help a little with temp next to the box and also the floorpan. 
    • Yeah I think overall I’m running the expected power I should be running for now and I’ll just enjoy it for the time being until I get some other parts. Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it!
    • That's fair enough.  Might be time to just enjoy what you have until you sort the ecu/flex sensor situation. You can pretty much guarantee that you are knock limited and e85 is going to be the solution to more power. 
    • He didn’t provide that info to me but I think I’m on standard timing. And no we don’t have e85 on the petrol stations here but it’s widely available here from shops. I’m just planning on getting a better ecu before switching to e85