SAU Community

Is This A Stock Fuel Pump?

Thanks guys. Yeah just a bit dodgy buy got me through 10,000ks no trouble but time to change. Right angle ones dont work? Do I just need one that goes straigh down? Im going to run a few strong rare earth magnets internally to clean up the crap, the filter sock had metal fillings around it!

Im using a 90 degree filter in my 33. Works just fine even to the end of the tank.

really? perhaps the holder puts it off on the right direction...mine was a deatschwerks and the holder made the filter sit the wrong way.

Why would the filter sticking out of the fuel cause an issue, as long as the pump pickup is in the fuel you should be fine. The direction the sock sits should have minimal impact, but of course sitting flat on the bottom of the tank or just above would be best.

45 degree socks are cheap enough for this not to be a problem anyway.

Nope, the gears inside are like oil pump internals, once something hard and incompressible goes through it wear will occur, then you may as well chuck it away.

It's only $100 for a genuine new one... If you buy from the right place of course. ;)

Ok cool, I ran a few litres through a bucket, it pumps fine and sounds like it did when I put it in, the high buzzing sound, but when its hooked up, its a low drone buzz sound when priming and afrs are way too lean everywhere. If it was stuffed it wouldn't pump fine out of car then go to shit in it? Ive changed fuel filter made no difference