SAU Community

Rb30 25 Neo Build

lcxu105

Dropped off the bottom end today to the machine shop. Getting hot tank acid wash bored honed tunnel squared to deck crank nitrated oil galleries cleaned grub screws fitted to crank. Crank modified for 25 oil pump ballanced and a few other things done.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the oil restrictor threads on here and from what I can make out I need to block off the rear feed in the block and put a 1.5mm in the front one. Car is mainly for street use with the odd track day. Or would I be better off with 2x 1mm feeds or 2 x 1.25mm?

Edited by lcxu105

Well your call but 2x 1.0mm gives slightly less flow than 1 x 1.5 but has the security of two feeds instead of one (in the hopefully unlikely event that one gets blocked). On the other hand 2 x 1.25 flow a LOT more than one 1.5 (don't forget you can buy them from me unless you have a better source).

• 5 weeks later...

Well been a while since I've done anything else. Its going to be a long build. Pick up arp head studs tomorrow. I have a new inlet and exhaust gasket now waiting. Machine shop is making slow process but not worried as I told them I don't want it back until about May June. Have been told that the Nistune won't be able to handle the setup as will have to much air flow for the airflow meter. Will have problems with it stalling. Waiting for Matt from Nistune to get back to me. Worst case I'm up for a new ecu. Any suggestions?

Have been told that the Nistune won't be able to handle the setup as will have to much air flow for the airflow meter. Will have problems with it stalling. Waiting for Matt from Nistune to get back to me. Worst case I'm up for a new ecu. Any suggestions?

Adaptronic.

Whilst Adaptronic or any other aftermarket ECU are perfectly valid suggestions, it is not true that you can't use Nistune because of having too much air flow for the AFM. You can put a Ford Lightning AFM onto it - Nstune can handle it. You can put an R35 GTR AFM's sensor into a 6" pipe and measure 3000HP worth of air if you want to. There's not really any limits from that point of view. The main limit with Nistune is lack of extra functions and sometimes the problems where the stock ECU's self protection behaviours get in the way of tuning more extreme engines. Sometimes there are ways around them, and sometimes there are not. Sometimes the ways around those problems get found before, during or after your build/tune. Sometimes they don't.

I was in the same boat last year. Loved the nistune just the AFM was a little annoying with my intake setup as I am running a 4" pipe. Talk to Matt about a mob over in the U.S that does specialty AFM's. It was what I was going to run as it was perfect for my situation and Matt has already integrated them into nistune.

I have a topic on here about it, search and you shall find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...