SAU Community

M35 Stagea Error Codes

corza91

Try loosening the crank sensor, and moving it around a little while cranking, sometimes they just aren't aligned properly. (the internals must move around?) Cleaning it can help too as they build up metal particles. Sounds like you will need a new crank sensor though.

• Like 1

Hey again guys, still haunt gotten around to getting coil packs - damn work. Can anyone tell me if the Yellow Jackets YJ-VQ35-S1 are compatible? They list M35 Stagea, and VQ25DET (06-07). Wasn't sure though, as mine is 2001 if the engine had changed at all. Juts want to confirm before I order!

Any luck with the Crank sensor Scott? I cleaned mine up the other day - lots of metal particles on there!

There was no VQ25det in 06-07. Nissan ended the VQ25det in 2004 just prior to the series 2 M35's arrival later that year (VQ25dd and VQ35de)

Interesting.

YELLOW JACKETS COIL PACK SET - YJ-VQ35-S1 - AU$410.00 delivered within 2-3 business days - Addtocart.gif

- COMES IN A SET OF 6.

DIRECT REPLACEMENT FOR THE FOLLOWING NISSAN MODELS:

SKYLINE PV35/CPV35 (03-06)

SKYLINE V35 250GT/300GT VQ25DD/VQ30DD

SKYLINE V36 SEDAN (up to 2009)

SKYLINE ©PV35 350GT (VQ35DE, 06/2001 - 09/2007)

STAGEA NM35 250T / AR-X FOUR (VQ25DET, 10/2001 - 08/2004)

STAGEA : PM35/PNM35 (01-07)

INFINITI FX35 (03-08)

INFINITI G35 COUPE/SEDAN (03-07)

INFINITI M35 (06-08)

M35 VQ25DET (06-07)

FAIRLADY Z / 350Z Z33/HZ33 (Includes roadster) - (03-06)

350Z Z33 Touring Series 1 (VQ35DE, 12/2002 - 01/2007)

350Z Z33 Track, Series 1 (VQ35DE, 12/2002 - 01/2007)

FUGA : PY50/PNY50/Y50

CEFIRO A33 (99-02)

LEOPARD Y33 (97-99)

CEDRIC Y34 (99-04)

GLORIA Y34 (99-04)

MAXIMA (02-08)

I'm just questioning as im pretty sure I read somewhere (think it may have been Scotty's post) that the VQ35 and the VQ25DET actually had different coil packs, and they are listed as the same here. Probably asking a dumb question as it is listed there, but Id heard of confusion!

Can't answer your Q but that list also has our cars (fifth entry down):

Although epc-data lists the same part number for VQ25DET & VQ35DE - "22448AL615 / 22448AL61C (interchangeable)" (if that helps at all)

Cheers

Cam

Edited by TCO

Can't answer your Q but that list also has our cars (fifth entry down):

Although epc-data lists the same part number for VQ25DET & VQ35DE - "22448AL615 / 22448AL61C (interchangeable)" (if that helps at all)

Cheers

Cam

Hmm yeah cheers. I swear id heard something that was different. Ah well , like you said its listed so bugger it, ill order. Ill kick up a fuss if they don't work! Haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Those yellow jackets are designed for NA VQ's

I bought them and continually had problems with them.

OEM coil packs are the best for VQ25DET.

The oem turbo coil pack has a different part number to the NA coil pack.

Yellowjacket copied splitfires coil pack which was designed for NA 350Z/V35 etc.

They are the same fitment and do work, but there is a noticable power loss as the coil packs begin to degrade after a VERY short amount of time. They end up partially firing and then not firing at all. This was my experience with them anyway and I went through 2 sets of them over 4 months.

Yellowjacket copied splitfires coil pack which was designed for NA 350Z/V35 etc.

They are the same fitment and do work, but there is a noticable power loss as the coil packs begin to degrade after a VERY short amount of time. They end up partially firing and then not firing at all. This was my experience with them anyway and I went through 2 sets of them over 4 months.

id I see you on Bondi road Caltex mate a few months back? I remember seeing a gold ARX running rough when I was filling up my black one there.

Ah, crap. Oh well, got them now and been running perfectly for the past 3 weeks. See what happens. They list the VQ25DET on their website where I purchased, so If they bugger up Ill be wanting replacements!

• 7 months later...

Hmmm, effing CEL light is on after mucking around with the headlights and fog light relay.

Pulled the relay out and bridged it to test the circuit.

Got power at the relay but not at the headlights ?

Anyway, tried to get fog lights to operate again on the H4 50w element but gave up.

Couldn't find where the compliance dickheads disconnected it.

So back to the CEL

Didn't disconnect the battery or anything on the engine, maybe just coincidence ?

Did the accelerator reset a few times and it comes back, but not immediately every time.

Can't see any error codes on the screen.

In the meantime .... any ideas ?

I'm due for some sway bars soon and they have the Consult there.

cheers

• 5 months later...
raise up the old topic

why is the car to give a diagnostic trouble code P0340 with cold engine
when the car warms up a bit so there is no problem and the fault code can be deleted even if as soon as a fault code appears
that is, a fault code, he is only a momentary

the engine is vq25dd

Sorry my bad english I have to use google translator