SAU Community

Things To Do. Not!

66yostagea

So we had warnings of massive hail. To protect the Dayz I covered it from front to back with bubble wrap. Very clever. No

f@%*+ng way. When I took the wrap off today I found that there had been a chemical reaction between the wrap and the clear coat. It looks like a honey comb effect. The red duco is now randomly speckled white. It looks UTS.

Oh well looks like a complete respray is now a needed.

Anyone else had a bright idea that wasn't?

Maybe this could be a place to make your confessions.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some and the spray stuff. Cost $50 and did stuff all.

Going to try very fine wet and dry to see if that works, if not atotal respray.

Edited by 66yostagea

talk to a detailer, tell them what happened and let them have a go. you could end up doing more damage to something that might be fixable.
i would definitly give a pro a couple of hundred before shelling out thousands.

our dealership had balloons out in 40+ deg head. the paint popped them on contact and they the melting rubber sat on the paint for a weekend. marked to shit. the paint men got them back to shiney new so they can do some amazing things.

• Like 1

talk to a detailer, tell them what happened and let them have a go. you could end up doing more damage to something that might be fixable.

i would definitly give a pro a couple of hundred before shelling out thousands.

our dealership had balloons out in 40+ deg head. the paint popped them on contact and they the melting rubber sat on the paint for a weekend. marked to shit. the paint men got them back to shiney new so they can do some amazing things.

this.