SAU Community

Jun 2.7 Stroker Kit Vs Nitto 2.7 Stroker Kit?

I'm having a 30 bottom end built with the stock crank, forged Pistons and rods and the whole thing will come out to about half the cost of a stroker kit off the shelf

That's the upfront costs.. If you have a GTR the you need a 4wd adapter plate, the block sits higher so your pluming and exhaust needs to be modified, I'm sure there's plenty I've missed.. It's the small things that add up

Yup everyone thinks its easy to just slap a Rb30 together for a GTR. If its twin turbo its a mission since it lifts the head up 35mm. When I did my build it was a minimum of $4000 extra on top of my forged motor. So I set about keeping as god intended it. 2.6L TT. Sort of wish i went a nitto stroker haha.

• Like 1

Yup everyone thinks its easy to just slap a Rb30 together for a GTR. If its twin turbo its a mission since it lifts the head up 35mm. When I did my build it was a minimum of $4000 extra on top of my forged motor. So I set about keeping as god intended it. 2.6L TT. Sort of wish i went a nitto stroker haha.

I was considering the 30 for a while, the. Decided it was just easier a d cheaper to build a 2.9 stroker..

Got to use a few old parts and I like the idea of keeping the standard sized block

I was considering the 30 for a while, the. Decided it was just easier a d cheaper to build a 2.9 stroker..

Got to use a few old parts and I like the idea of keeping the standard sized block

With the 3.0 and the comp housing on your turbo, it would be hanging out of the bonnet!

Dollar for dollar the RB30 is cheaper, mine as example

RB30 complete motor $150 :yes:

Prep crank with collar $500

Adaptor plate, platinum race( the dear one ) $1250, can be done for $500

Machining for adaptor plate ( included close girdle and line bore ) $1700, not needed for other adaptor plates

Forged Pistons and rods delivered from states $1500

ACL race bearings ( mains and big end ) $250

That brings you to the start point of a stroker so the rest would be the same

$150

$500

$1250

$1700

$1500

$250

=$5350

And the extra drive you get from the 30 crank is soooo much better

I used R32 GTR twin turbo and plenum hoses which fit perfect and look stock as

I was getting a new exhaust anyway and it starts from the CES dump pipes

Intake was taking care of with the R32 hoses going from twin turbo pipe to chassis and plenum to chassis, though if you have a 32 that won't work :(

Oil returns was a -12 bung welded onto sump

I believe if the block is older than the car it has to meet the emission standards of the model of car its in.

ie it would have to be bone standard and im240 tested etc

doable on e85...but e85 needs an aftermarket ecu....so technically not legal.

If you're getting it engineered then a passed IM240 means you can bypass the block/car age issue, non-factory tune issue etc. Of course that only covers tailpipe emissions - you still need charcoal canister, plumbed in PCV etc. (Assuming i understood what the Engineer said at the SAU NSW tech evening).

Try fitting a Tomie pump on a RB30.

Wont go straight on, sits 2.7mm out from the block.....more mods with a die grinder.

So much more than meets the eyes......