SAU Community

Switching From R34 Gtr To R35 Gtr ?

Longz

Rather then hi jacking the other thread i wanted to start my own.

to all the 35 owners that have switched from a 34 has there been any regret's ?

would you rate the 34 a much better car to drive then the 35 or is it the other way around

I am having a good think about if i should sell my 34 and move on to the 35

That being said i heard stock R35 transmissions fail due to clutch solenoids and such that need to be upgraded 15-20k job ?

I didn't go from R34---> R35, but the last GTR I owned prior to an R35 was an R34.

You won't regret it. The cars feel very different. The R35 is obviously much quicker, handles better and has more modern comforts. The R34 feels like a dinosaur in comparison. The reasons for wanting an R34 are well listed in the other thread. Everything else points to the R35... (DO IT). So yes, I would say it is a much better car overall.

I haven't had any issues with the transmission, either with my previous 2012 or 2014 black edition. That said, I think it is more of an issue for the 09-11 models.

I have heard rumours that they have more failures then just the transmission - ABS unit and the likes can fail and cost $$ to replace.

Also heard a big cost is running - as when serviced they require a lot more then just engine oil etc. Heard it costs about $3k every service (COULD BE WRONG don't destroy me).

Not that I own a R35 (got a 600hp R32).

I didn't go from R34---> R35, but the last GTR I owned prior to an R35 was an R34.

You won't regret it. The cars feel very different. The R35 is obviously much quicker, handles better and has more modern comforts. The R34 feels like a dinosaur in comparison. The reasons for wanting an R34 are well listed in the other thread. Everything else points to the R35... (DO IT). So yes, I would say it is a much better car overall.

I haven't had any issues with the transmission, either with my previous 2012 or 2014 black edition. That said, I think it is more of an issue for the 09-11 models.

This, the 34 is a passion thing and the 35 is a better newer car, smart money is on the 35, as for quicker check sig and that is about to get faster soon and including buying the car I'm still under $80k

I have heard rumours that they have more failures then just the transmission - ABS unit and the likes can fail and cost $$ to replace.

Also heard a big cost is running - as when serviced they require a lot more then just engine oil etc. Heard it costs about $3k every service (COULD BE WRONG don't destroy me).

Not that I own a R35 (got a 600hp R32).

$3k for a service is not much for someone that just forked out $180k for the car, it's all perspective really

I did look into buying one of these ( then I got divorced and the WFC hit, made it look twice as expensive, haha), but would have to drive 650Klms to be able to pay for the $3k tune,. But that is like paying $500 for a $30k car to be tuned, so it depends how deep your pockets are.

GT-R , MAD car but an auto , I just got sick of driving an auto and went for the R34GTR and soon it will have some grunt :)

But apparently you can afford it and if you really like the car, go for it they are great and push for a good service deal for a few years, get it :)

By the time I get my R going how I want it there will be no change from $90k

Edited by TT350GT

If you are thinking about it ,the only way to know if it is for you is to do it ,I didn't enjoy my 35 and have gone back to a Modified R34 as my weekend car .

In between I had a 997/4s manual ,which I loved .Servicing cost me about $1600 a time at Porsche and for the Neesan . The best way I have heard a 35 described is they are a bit like "Anchovy on a pizza you either like it or you don't " If only we could get a manual !!!

If i was in you position which i'm not even close. Manual - auto. which would you prefer to drive everyday. r34 prob cheaper to maintain. my mum works for nissan and she said that they have special mechanics for gtrs that makes everything more expensive and yes it's a cheap car for how good it is same class as audi r8 and c63. Cheap to buy but maintaining it is the main cost.
Just going on what I've heard.

The old manual vs manual (dual clutch paddle shift) debate.

If you want to go fast really fast then its paddle shift all day every day.

If you want to be more connected with the car then maybe stick is what you like.

There are a few vids on the net of R32 (mod) vs R33 (mod) vs R34 (mod) vs R35 (std) in japan. Really good watch haha.

Clutch does get annoying in traffic if it's a hard clutch. my skyline gives me a pump in my left gastrocnemius after a long day of city driving. but other than that i love using a clutch and shifting gears. feeling more connected to the car rather then just pressing a button and it up shifting for you. I wouldn't call paddle shift manual. Should be called semi- automatic. But still the r35 gtr without clutch is still obviously going to be fun no matter what with launch control etc.
Oh I also hate having manual with clutch on a steep hill when someone park millimeters behind me

Edited by SkylineR33RB25

Well except for XLLABA's (awesome btw) build then the R35 could be better in traffic but no one has these cars to sit in traffic do they?

I like my little R32 feels like a light weight to the new fatties that are out.

but all GTR's are great there is a reason they are still feared on the track and street.

My vote is a R34 to many down sides on a early R35 i think. 2012+ if you can afford it. There is an aftermarket package that you can buy that fixes some of the gearbox issues on the track for the R35. Gearbox coolers etc.

Edited by Stixbnr32
  • Like 1

I was just watching this podcast and a bit past 1 hour and 30 minutes that discussion started.
If you need it to sit in traffic go auto, paddle shift w/o clutch. For a weekend car I don't see why you would want anything but a manual with clutch.
He nailed the hammer on the head. even though r35s are autos it's kind of the exception because it's a beast but i think i'd miss manual at the same time.
Why not make a r35 manual option? I want to buy a c63 when i can afford one but don't know if i would get bored without manual.

Worth a watch/listen

There's a huge difference between am auto and an r35 gearbox.

There no clutch, right, but ts not an auto.

I want to go fast. I don't crave a 'connection' to the car that an extra pedal gives you.

But I don't have enough money to go fast......

There's a huge difference between am auto and an r35 gearbox.

There no clutch, right, but ts not an auto.

I want to go fast. I don't crave a 'connection' to the car that an extra pedal gives you.

But I don't have enough money to go fast......

You seem upset mate, are you ok ?

Actually I think they have two clutches, just electronically controlled with a preselected gearbox, a lot like the old Merc truck where you select the next gear then it changes when you hit the clutch, except the GTR does it all for you

You seem upset mate, are you ok ?

Actually I think they have two clutches, just electronically controlled with a preselected gearbox, a lot like the old Merc truck where you select the next gear then it changes when you hit the clutch, except the GTR does it all for you

Yep that's how the box works, fancy stuff!

• Like 1