SAU Community

Bosch Ev14. Aeroflow Rail. Freddy Ffp. I Could Butcher This

Ruthr33

Hey. Got my parts. I can vision leaks thow.

post-133405-0-31656900-1418643195_thumb.jpg

They look nice

post-133405-0-86202900-1418643252_thumb.jpg

This green oring at injector nossle seems .5mm od too small but I could see it seating good when I bolt rail on putting pressure on it

post-133405-0-29047200-1418643555_thumb.jpg

The oring on the boss/adaptor seems to fat to fit into manifold, the adaptor fits snug. So Mabey a thinner oring will Winn this.

post-133405-0-43103400-1418643729_thumb.jpg

This blue oring fits squeaky tight into the rail, just how you would like it. Although, can u see the flange head looking bit on top of the injector? I can see that bottoming out on the injector rail cavity and not allowing the oring to be squashed under pressure. Although the plus side is injector would sit square to the rail. Is this right?

I was thinking Mabey grind the flange off or drill the hole In the rail bigger. Or Mabey that's the way it's spose to be?

post-133405-0-80744200-1418644076_thumb.jpg

post-133405-0-25358700-1418644128_thumb.jpg

Remember there is no pressure really on the manifold o-ring so it doesnt need to be a super tight seal, the top o-ring holds the pressure so this is much more important to get sealed right. It should be reasonably tight in the rail.

My kit all seems normal. Adapters into the manifold are tightish and everything else feels good

The manifold adapters look ok. When the injector is pushed into the adapter it will seal down the bottom where the chamfer is

• 1 year later...

Bit of a thread dig, but interested to see what people have found, or let people know of a potential issue......

So the manifold adpaters did fit fine in the standard manifold. However, my Greddy copy Manifold was a different story. the adapters are too large and won't fit inside the holes. My plan is to machine them down and use them, just interested to see if anyone else has found the same problem and how they got around it

BPP who supplied my fuel rail said its a known issue with the copy manifolds because they are never made exactly the same. So hopefully a bit of handy info for someone that will be in the same position

Shouldn't be too hard to machine down Callan, sorry I couldn't supply something that works.

I did know the Freddy manifolds are different, but they were larger from my experience, I just supplied a larger Oring for the adapter. Seems yours is smaller so as you say, quality control is shite on those Chinese plenums.

Not a problem mate, I appreciate your time anyway.

As long as Dad had a small enough bit to cut the o-ring grove a bit deeper, I'm not expecting any issues at all.

Its the first issue I've ever had with this manifold, I got it as part payment for some wheels I sold so at least I didn't pay for it[emoji14]

Have had one or two people say it is one of the better copies they have seen so can't be too bad

Ill let you know what size the holes are when I'm home on Friday/Saturday if your interested Scott? I was away so they just got a rough measurement by someone else the other day who didn't have verniers

They standard seals don't have to be forced in so I'm guessing there won't be much in it

Yep, I would appreciate it. These little changes can really cause problems with a top feed install. It should only be the larger part that needs .1mm removed, the Oring grove should be ok, you might just need a thinner Oring. Let me know if you have issues.

For those of you playing at home, measurements were as follows:

Manifold holes: 24.94mm

OD of injector adapters: 25.4mm

Must be made for a 25.5mm hole or so. I got the adapters machined down to 24.8mm and they worked a treat. Just had to try a different o-ring. Photo attatched:

20160213_164320_zps6xh2uiia.jpg

• Like 1