SAU Community

Front Differential Question ( Gts4 )

vito_96

Hello Skyline Family

I am currently building a rb26 and will be swapping it in my gts4 sedan, I want to keep the gts4 front differential ratio.

My question is: Will a rb25 gts4 oil pan with differential attach to a rb26 block ? or do i need to find a rb20 oil pan with front differential or do I need to swap only the differential in to the rb26 oil pan

Help is appreciated

Cheers

Rob

The diff in a RB25 sump is probably NOT the same as either a RB20 or RB26 diff. If the RB25 is from a Stagea, then the diff is a 4.083:1 . Not sure what the R33 GTS4 diff ratio is. But it is probably not 4.375:1 (R32 GTS4) or 4.111:1 (RB26)

Assuming the RB26 comes with a sump, the simplest solution is to swap the RB20 differential unit* into the RB26 sump.

* differential unit = crown wheel + pinion

sorry I totally missed something in the first post.

Do you have a 32 GTS4 with 4.4 diffs and rb20?

If you do, your current sump bolts straight onto an rb26.

I'm not sure where rb25 fits in? Unless you have an rb25 r32 gts4 (if so, sorry I didn't realise they exist!)

Aren't all R32 GTS4 RB20DET?

I am unsure i have a guy telling me his rb25 is from a gts4 which i didnt know they had. Unless was there an r33 gts4 with a rb25....? i will need to look in to that however I bet the ratios are different

I will be just swapping the oil pan from my rb20 to my rb26, I just wanted to keep my rb20 fully intact

thanks for help guys