SAU Community

Where Is Fuel Pressure Regulator On M35?

YangLIU

Hi everyone,

just want to install Greddy Profec boost controller on my M35. here is some installation information:

post-137368-0-28740400-1418874194_thumb.jpg

post-137368-0-96766700-1418874194_thumb.jpg

actually i am not sure which is fuel pressure regulator that need to connect to boost controller. i took a picture and marked 2 pipes in red and green. could anyone told me which is correct pipe connect to fuel pressure regulator? thanks all.

post-137368-0-49709600-1418874199_thumb.jpg

Also doesn't matter. Just needs to be plumbed to the manifold somewhere to measure vacuum and boost.

Either you have marked is fine

Edited by Ben C34

Also doesn't matter. Just needs to be plumbed to the manifold somewhere to measure vacuum and boost.

Either you have marked is fine

i think i could get you. actually this is for monitor the boost in manifold? and i could also connect this vacuum with boost gauge vacuum together?

• Like 1

Please have a look at the attached photos. I hope this helps you with your install

thanks mate. i think i could get you. in your pic, you just changed solenoid only? For Greddy boost controller, the control unit need another vacuum pipe connect between manifold and fuel pressure regulator to measure the boost. and another question, shall i need to remove the stock boost sensor?

Edited by YangLIU

You dont have to remove it, I did as I replaced mine with the hdi-ebc-d due to the oem unit always malfunctioning. I haven't had an issue since replacing it with the hdi unit. The hdi unit seems like a simpler install. That hose i mentioned earlier would be the one you are looking for then if thats the case

Edited by joshm35

The signal line to the ebc has to come from the manifold.

The pressure source to the solenoid has to come from the turbo.

That's important, and not very clear from above pics. What ever line you use on the manifold for the ebc makes no difference. Then use the line to the stock solenoid for the new solenoid.

Actually, I don't like using the fuel reg line for the manifold pressure reading anyway, as that long hose you are fitting can slow the reg's reaction down. Also if it leaks it will lean out your engine.

I prefer to use the front bung normally used for the stock boost gauge. You might need an adapter though, it's tiny. The BOV line is another you could use, who cares if that leaks.

Make sure you put a cable tie around the hoses to the reg, they have been popping off a lot lately.

Actually, I don't like using the fuel reg line for the manifold pressure reading anyway, as that long hose you are fitting can slow the reg's reaction down. Also if it leaks it will lean out your engine.

I prefer to use the front bung normally used for the stock boost gauge. You might need an adapter though, it's tiny. The BOV line is another you could use, who cares if that leaks.

Make sure you put a cable tie around the hoses to the reg, they have been popping off a lot lately.

yup. thats what i am thinking. actually it is hard to use fuel reg line due to the narrow area. i already have a new boost gauge using stock boost gauge vacuum. now i consider to use BOV vacuum for EBC pressure reading.

You dont have to remove it, I did as I replaced mine with the hdi-ebc-d due to the oem unit always malfunctioning. I haven't had an issue since replacing it with the hdi unit. The hdi unit seems like a simpler install. That hose i mentioned earlier would be the one you are looking for then if thats the case

i know what you are talking about. actually Greddy EBC has 2 part for installation. 1 for solenoid, 1 for pressure signal reading. my original question is for pressure signal reading part. and your pic is for solenoid part. here is a part of Greddy EBC installation manual. I think M35 should use METHOD2 as below and it is same as your pic, right?

post-137368-0-05501800-1418946558_thumb.jpg