SAU Community

Fire Ants

GTR-N1

• 1 month later...

in Qld, call the Council and get them to send the fire ant dept out ;) works a treat.

But seriously I don't know. We used to get them around every now and then when I lived in the suburbs.

The pest crews that is, not the ants.

We have the inch ants here, they really don't bother you if you leave them alone, just another part of our ecosystem.

If they are a issue some rid ant at the site should sort it out, better than ULP and a match because it doesn't contaminate your garden with petrochemicals.

The kids are playing with them now, they run along a stick and you keep grabbing the opposite end, you have to keep the stick at arms length because after a while they get frustrated with you, and as Mick said, they then look at you and jump.

• Like 1

They have stingers in their abdomens like wasps, I was once crawling around on the ground at night and ended up on a nest, I got bit and stung on the hands, neck and face pretty bad, no fun was had.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Difficult to kill in Qld over 10 yrs and still going.

Now in Perth and Port Botany in Sydney.

How do you or would you kill off the nests?

you probably still did not get a answer u looking for :

but i found how to control them around my house

1: petrol works only for about 6mths and they back in the same hole about 2ltrs i used and a match

2. insecticide i do my own pest control but i still think public should be banned and should be controlled better i buy my chemicals from LANDMARK agg store A. its cheap B. better range.

ok so buy some insecticide eg. group 3B, 3A , 2A so on now remember the group class you used this year to kill the ants coz the following year you need to use another class coz you dont what them to get immuned self educated on that and there's not much info on this so if anyone knows more teach me more apart from the 3hr to find government documents.

ok now you got your $50 1ltrs good shit mix it up like it says 80mls to 5ltrs

get your sprayer spray a nice mist around your houses window paving eves eta.. then pour about 0.5ltrs of milky water into each hole you find then next time you see them do the same but with a different class i did it 2 years in a row damm fire ants are back after 5yrs Perth

btw i redo my house every 6mths to protect from spiders small ants that looking for food scraps cockroaches eta....

Edited by pol1on1
  • Like 2