SAU Community

Best Place To Buy Injectors

Ryanrb25

Hey guys, after some side fed 555cc or 740cc nismo or Jecs injectors. Years ago I,bought them off a sponsor / trader but can't seem to find any on here. I could be blind or daft.

I'm just after a reliable source and a genuine item.

I am aware this is probably the 124,433rd post about this but reliable sellers come and go quickly these days.

Thanks.

I have Nismo 740s ill be selling in the new year. Would be lucky to have done 10,000km. Only a year old

Im going bosch injectors because they are better but if you want to keep stock rail etc then id be happy to sell you mine in early/mid january

Big fan of ur car 89cal. May I ask....what benefit would u be getting out of Bosch injectors as opposed to the side fed ones...I mean is it worth the money/hassle...considering ur car probably runs fine with the current ones.

I've had nismo 555cc's previous and never had an issue. Ran like a Swiss watch with 304rwkw. I just fail to see why I would change. I'm not fighting it... I just don't understand the major differences is all.

Forgive my ignorance.

The Nismo's will work, and they have worked for me. But the new style injectors just handle the smaller pulse widths so much better which is good for fuel economy and idle. These are my main reasons for switching, I'm sure there are some more.

Come to think of it, I'm not real sure why Nismo (JECS) have never bothered to update to newer style injectors, maybe they arent as easy to do in side feed, im not sure, but seems like they are going to start losing some business because of how resonably priced some of the newer injectors are getting these days.

When I bought everything for my engine I didn't think twice about going Nismo's again, they worked before when I had 555's and seemed cheaper at the time rather then having to buy a rail etc. But I'd just started hearing so many good things about the Bosch EV14's that I had to jump ship. I'm yet to try them and fully appreciate them but I don't think so many people can be wrong about them.

I think Scotty NM35 is able to do some pretty good deals on injectors, although I got my kit of Kudos Motorsport at a pretty decent price.

If you want the Nismo's and can wait I will happily sell you mine, but if you want to go new top feeds then I understand as well

Side feeds are gay when you go into the bigger capacity region.. I learnt the hard way, and here's an article I wrote on how to get top feeds into a R33 using the stock plenum...

http://www.trak-life.com/diy-converting-top-feed-injectors-r33-gts-t-skyline-rb25det/

There's kits available now too. Check out KudosMotorsports.

don't think Andrew's kits fit under the stock plenum

• Like 1

Side feeds are gay when you go into the bigger capacity region.. I learnt the hard way, and here's an article I wrote on how to get top feeds into a R33 using the stock plenum...

http://www.trak-life.com/diy-converting-top-feed-injectors-r33-gts-t-skyline-rb25det/

Your injectors sounded especially average :P

My Nismo's are nothing to complain about really. The car idles and drives fine, im sure modern injectors would improve it but its certainly not a pig

• Like 1

This is the main hassle.

I can do a kit for the short 1400's, as I fitted a set to a 33 and made the spacers to suit, but the 1000's will be slightly different length, and I don't want to get the spacers wrong... Once I have the length for the stubby Bosch ev14's I will be able to do those for very competitive prices. If anyone in Melbourne needs a set fitted give me a PM, it will help with more options for topfeed conversions.