SAU Community

Diy Gopro Mount

mistermeena

So i rigged up this simple, free incar mount for my gopro today and figured it was worth sharing.

You will need:

A drill;

screwdrivers;

the plastic base that your gopro came attached to in the box;

About 20minutes

Remove your interior light fitting. Grab the black base that your gopro was attached to in the box. Mark and drill two holes in the appropriate location. Mount it to the roof in place of the interior light. The plastic is quite soft so I suggest a couple of big washers and dont overtighten. Use the supplied mounts and arms to position the camera.

post-133052-0-85066800-1419052396_thumb.jpg

post-133052-0-98722200-1419052697_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nice Idea. I've been thinking of doing that one myself. You might want to buy an extra long extension off ebay to get it down a bit, but not too far, the spot metering gets a bit confused if there is too much overglare from direct sunlight.

I'll be doing something similar soon. Thanks for posting it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I finally got around to fabricating a mount. I tried the plastic like you but didnt like the wobble cause the base isn't as snug as the mounts that come with the go pro.

I made an aluminium base plate from a bit of angle and cut one side of angle down so it tucks up inside the headliner space. I then moutedan 8 inch magic arm. Will be testing this at some upcomeing motorsport event.

this is the view

post-16200-0-53153400-1425195559_thumb.jpg

post-16200-0-53409700-1425195886_thumb.jpg

post-16200-0-46065300-1425195927_thumb.jpg

post-16200-0-29050200-1425196041_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yeah the plastic base is quite soft so Im unsure how it will go with vibration etc. I've only done a few short road tests so far and its been fine but I'm going to try it out at the track end of this month and see how it goes. How did you attach the magic arm to the baseplate?

This video will give you an idea. The base plate still moves around a little so I might put an extra two screws in to make it more secure.

I had another video that had a bit more vibration in it. Mind you, I use the curbs and on semi's you'll see the G-meter holding 2G's for over a full second.

• 2 weeks later...