SAU Community

Incorrect Or Correct Battery Wiring.

Right, im currently relocating my battery to my boot on my R32 Gtst, from factory ( or how i bought the car) off the postive post on the battery it had the main starter cable running to the starter motor, postive wire running to the fuse box (this then splits into several, will post picture) and the positive feed for the fuel pump (brown wire with eyelet also seen in photo). My question is, can i run the positive feed from my battery using 0 gauge wire directly the the post on my starter motor, then run a positive feed from the starter to wires coming out of my fuse box? i will also wire the fuel pump directly to the battery in the boot. Also i will earth the wires that were on the negative on the battery in the engine bay. Will this work fine with no issues? or do i need to use a junction box of some description to run my main power feed to then run postive feeds off there. I hope this makes some sence.

thanks, Brad

post-138234-0-94906300-1420232185_thumb.jpg

Assuming it doesn't need to split off anywhere, that should be fine. I've seen plenty of engines hooked up that way. If in doubt though, you can get a insulated block and mount it in the bay somewhere, run the pos to that and 2 more to fuse and starter.

• Like 1

Oh and I didn't mention (but remembering now), Your really should put a fuse in line to the feed to Jblock/starter. And make it big. Like ~200A. If you are going to have a few metres of battery wire running in your vehicle, you are most certainly going to need to protect it. If that shorts your car will go up in flames.

this is what i did in my R34 my battery was in the engine bay and all i did was run 0ga upto the original battery location and then connected all the wires that went onto the battery post to the fusable link end and i also have another fuse at the battery end about 100mm from the battery. so at the battery i have a 200A fuse and in the engine bay i have a 150A so that if the engine or accessories blow the fuse it will kill the 150A fuse but if the main 0ga wire shorts out somewhere along the body theres a 200A that it will kill

20141122_195458_zps335adb1b.jpg

No the fusable link is generally in the fuse box so normally off the battery to starter motor run theres no fuse. That black thing next to the oil filter is my fuse i do alot of car audio and its just a fuse that you can get from JB HiFi autobarn who ever mine is a pole type