SAU Community

Pcd Diameter

Why not a brake rotor or just the hat?

Either or. As long as it fits snugly over the hub to locate it properly. I Would still make mandrels to get the holes in the exact spot though.

Yeah i have my old skyline rotors i might machine off the brake surface and use the hat as a template as that locates on the centrebore. I also have studs so ill just turn them into centre punches and once the first holes drilled ill just bolt it down.

Cheers yeah the mokes been a journey

Widened it

post-96314-14204612335964_thumb.jpg

post-96314-14204613061416_thumb.jpg

Rebuilt engine

post-96314-14204612544999_thumb.jpg

New stainless brake lines throughout

post-96314-14204612807616_thumb.jpg

FULL new wiring harness

post-96314-14204613366467_thumb.jpg

New floor, all suspension rebuilt, blasted and powdercoated, drum to disk conversion etc was a massive build and all done by myself and just trial and error so that was why i did get rather frustrated before as you now might understand :)

• Like 1

Nice work on the Moke.

Im envious of the wiring. I remember how simple it used to be playing with 1970 era auto electrical. Am currently stripping redundant wiring out of a mid 90's Japanese car and it's doing my head in. To make matters worse it has an engine conversion and large chunks of the conversion harness use grey wiring. Makes it almost impossible to trace.

Regarding the old studs for the drilling template, if the splines are the right size for the holes then they should work nicely.

Looks like you're not afraid to have a go at the harder jobs so I look forward to updates.

thanks mate yeah Im one of those people that i have very low funds and generally zero time aswell but i will always try and make something myself instead of buying or paying someone else to do it plus alot of what i have done in the past if one off work. My wagon is one of only 1000 in the country and then to tub it and bag it its probs the only one in aus like it so nothing for it was bought off the shelf. as for the moke as you can see everything was done inhouse by myself aswell i have a build thread for my skyline and sofar that has a fair few custom bits ive made for it.

And Jiffo no i will use my old hub and weld the threads in it currently then machine the face flat and then drill it and tap it again then go and take it to get X rayed and make sure that it has no cracks in it or inclusions on the weld etc.. Other possibility is to put a bolt in the hole plug weld it in and then machine it up and redrill and tap in the new location