SAU Community

Hi Guys.

So I'm in the process of testing a Sniper NOS kit in my NA 25GT R34.

Everything is installed and working, including both the nitrous arming switch and micro switch which is enabled on when foot is to the floor on the accelerator.

I've tested it by pulling off the intake and putting my foot down while the NOS is armed and it sprays fine.

I went for a test drive last night after completing the setup but when I had my foot down, i didn't feel a noticeable difference (75HP Jets). It felt like the car was starving.

Has anyone dealt with nitrous systems before running a stock fuel pump and encountered this issue? I started off testing with the 35HP jets and had a similar issue, so I'm just trying find where the problem is.

P.S. anyone have a rough idea how much nitrous a stock RB25DE would be able to handle? I've got aftermarket extractors and a 2.5" cat back exhaust

Thanks!

need a tune or nothing will happen, not to mention your afr's will be all over the place!

could potentially be damaging your engine, also don't you need an injection of fuel next to the nos jets?

I've never used nos and only know this from seeing other cars setup.

2 guys above, do you realize the sniper is a wet kit,?

Meaning fuel gets injected along with the nitrous.

Of course going onto a Dyno would be the easiest way to sort it, but as a budget approach not always an option.

I would be closely monitoring fuel pressure as the stock pump might not be up for it.

Based on how tough rbs are I would think they could take a fair bit if nitrous, what the factory ecu does is another story.

By your explanation it sounds like the pump isn't up to it.

Also you can buy wideband o2 kits for under 150, that would be a wise investment.

Good on you for gassing it!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Thanks for your input.

I figured out the reason it wasn't working correctly and it was because the fuse was tripping. I had it wired to the cigarette lighter. I wired it directly to the battery with a fuse in between and seems to be working fine. Not sure why it felt like it was starving tbh :/

Had the car on the dyno today and 75hp jets gained me 35hp atw. Will be putting 125hp jets in at the drags next time I'm there and see how it does. Fuel pressure was fine, but it sure didn't feel like it when i tested it, still surprised of what the cause of it was.

An aftermarket ECU for it will make a big difference according to the bloke who dyno'd the car.

Now... to look for an aftermarket ECU for an r34 rb25de neo. Anyone know of any available? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

2 guys above, do you realize the sniper is a wet kit,?

Meaning fuel gets injected along with the nitrous.

Of course going onto a Dyno would be the easiest way to sort it, but as a budget approach not always an option.

I would be closely monitoring fuel pressure as the stock pump might not be up for it.

Based on how tough rbs are I would think they could take a fair bit if nitrous, what the factory ecu does is another story.

By your explanation it sounds like the pump isn't up to it.

Also you can buy wideband o2 kits for under 150, that would be a wise investment.

Good on you for gassing it!

Sorry to hijack the thread, where can I find this wideband for under $150? I can't seem to find one for under $450, thanks.