SAU Community

Skid Pan Day At Slidewise Gympie - 18-04-15

Cadmoon

Event:
Skid pan day in Gympie
Description:
Since we have some interest, time for another one. A great opportunity to get your car on a skid pan and have a heap of fun sliding around while also learning about car control. A BBQ lunch will also be provided.
Date:
Saturday the 18th of April.
Time:
Drivers briefing starts at 8:00 sharp, all drivers must be present at the beginning ot the briefing or their spot is forfeited.
Lunch will be at 12-12:30
The day will finish around 3:30
Cost:
$140
This get you and ONE passenger/co-driver and lunch for both of you.
Requirements:
  1. Open licence (sorry, Slidewize are not covered for P platers in their insurance)
  2. CTP rally extension for the event, call up your CTP insurer and enquire about getting this for the day. Proof of this extension MUST be brought to the day.
  3. Full exhausts on the car
  4. Helmets are not required but we strongly advise you to bring one if you can
  5. Completed indemnity form (attached)

Payment Details:

Name: Skylines Australia Queensland Club

Bank: Westpac

BSB: 034 063

ACC: 354012

PAYMENT REFERENCE: Skidpan&username

Attendees:
  1. Cadmoon
  2. Shannon Jansen
  3. sneaky pete PAID

SlideWize-Indemnity (1).pdf

Fire Plan (1).pdf

Tips & Hints (1).pdf

Paid. I need to remember to get myself the CTP rally extension.

Here's the general spiel that Aaron sends off to people that was emailed to me through someone at work yesterday:

"Throughout the skid pan day I run a variety of fast paced, educational and challenging activities that make for an action packed and fun filled day.
The morning session is spent sliding around several different tracks marked out on the skid pan. Drivers go out on the skidpan in pairs for 4 min sessions.
This is a great time for drivers to get a 'feel' for the car. It allows drivers to test how much grip the vehicle possesses
and to explore the limits of the driver in a safe and controlled environment.
Below are a few clips to give you an idea of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iILQbCa2nW8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTanvgGvm8

I supply a BBQ lunch and soft drinks which is included in the price for driver and co-pilot.
After lunch we do the following driving games:

Go-to-whoa: Great way to test the raw power and braking of a vehicle!
A pair of cars line up, one on either side of the bitumen track. A whistle is sounded and the race is ON!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6vIXDDk6GU

Shoot out: 2 cars line up on the skid pan to complete a tight little circuit. This really tests both the driver and vehicle.
Again, whistle is sounded, and watch the machines flex their muscles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68oByBWCqPM

Time Trial:
I utilize the entire bitumen circuit for the time trial. A short track is created, and the stop watch is pulled out.
Drivers take their turn to run the time trial and see what they can do.
This trial adds a little speed, tight cornering, braking and requires a smooth driver!
Time trial normally takes about 1min per driver. If time is available, the trial will be run twice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kvNey5T5BU

Details:
All participating drivers require an open drivers license.
All cars entering on the day will need a CTP extension. This is not difficult to obtain but must be obtained from your insurer at least 24 hours before the event, Monday-Friday, during business hours. This covers death to any person in the event of a fatal accident. Any vehicle or property damage is NOT covered by me or my insurance.

Payments:
Attached is the payment info. When you make a payment, please use your name and skid date in the reference section.
Eg: "David Brown 11/10/13"
Attached is the usual paperwork.

CTP Extension: Needs to be gained during business hours.
Ring your insurance provider for your vehicle registration. CTP has NOTHING to do with car insurance.
Suncorp & AAMI are free, RACQ is $10

On the day, I will need a copy of your CTP extension, and a copy of your printed out and filled in Indemnity form.
Thanks
Aaron"

do you need ctp insurance or can you get the ctp rally extension on comprehensive insurance?and whos the best to use as looking at all options atm.

CTP is part of your rego Ralph. If you have rego you have CTP, check your renewal/certificate to find out who is your current insurer and give them a call a couple of days before the event.

easy fixed,help out with everything around the house,make her feel really speacial and then when you want to go to skid pad,she will be happy to let you go since youve been such a good and helpful partner.sign,sealed,delivered. :)