SAU Community

S2 Door Panels, And Speaker Upgrade

stagea4dayz

hey im new to all this fourm maadness and into the stagea community but i have some questions starting with the door panels i was wondering how to get all the door panels off if anybody had pics of how that would be most helpful. wanting to put new speakers in cause when i bought it came with blown speakers and its brutal driving a stagea with no audio and stock exhaust when im used to listening to a loud droney exhaust from my rx7. sorry for going off track just need some insight how to take off the door panels. thanks in advance!

post-138464-0-47096300-1421303902_thumb.jpg

This is for a S1, but I'm guessing it's the same......?????

Screws that need to be removed-

* bottom of the door card (3 from memory)

* under a cap in the door grab

* under a cap half way up, towards the front of the card

Carefully pry the surround off around the door handle latch and then carefully pull the door card towards you to release the clips and lift the whole card upwards to release it from the window ledge.

Once off, you'll need to disconnect the two plugs to the window switch and mirror switch.

Speaker removal should be pretty self explanatory after that.

Series 1 & 2 should be the same, there were minimal changes between them, and I don't think any of those changes would have applied to removal/replacement of the doors, door cards or speakers.

One thing to note...if you're installing splits...consider where you're going to mount your crossovers. depending on the size of the crossovers you can get away with mounting them on the door card (in the cavity that makes up the arm rest)

I have that issue at the moment....I've got a set of Boston SL60's in my car (Been in there for about 4 years now) and the crossovers are freaking huge...in the passenger door it's fine but on the drivers side I had to take out the case and cover in a anti static bag just to mount it (yeah it's ghetto...but it works)....I'm going to look at new set of splits that have a smaller crossovers so I keep them mounted in the door card

One thing to note...if you're installing splits...consider where you're going to mount your crossovers. depending on the size of the crossovers you can get away with mounting them on the door card (in the cavity that makes up the arm rest)

I have that issue at the moment....I've got a set of Boston SL60's in my car (Been in there for about 4 years now) and the crossovers are freaking huge...in the passenger door it's fine but on the drivers side I had to take out the case and cover in a anti static bag just to mount it (yeah it's ghetto...but it works)....I'm going to look at new set of splits that have a smaller crossovers so I keep them mounted in the door card

I have the same splits in my car, and I'm sure I still managed to get the driver's side crossover in the door somehow.