SAU Community

Saunsw Championship Round 1 Texikhana

crashdown

10443112_769937446387992_491867018678942

Event: SAU NSW Championship Round 1 Texikhana

Location: Nirimba Airfield / TAFE / Skidpan - same place as last time (yeah, it's got a few names)

Location map: https://goo.gl/maps/h8GrX

Date: Sunday 22nd March 2015

What is it: Motorkhana courses marked with orange things that we'd kindly appreciate if you drove around rather than over.

Entry cost SAUNSW members: $50 Entry fee

Entry cost Non SAUNSW members: $75 Entry fee (If you plan to enter more than 1 or more events with us it pays to be a funded member)

Spectators:Free to watch

Passengers:$10 which is cheap compared to other clubs and events, (SUPPORTS OUR CLUB!!!) , MUST sign on, MUST wear wrist to neck/ankle clothing with enclosed shoes and approved helmet, same as drivers.

Courses:Released on the day at sign on

First timers: Don't be shy, you'll love it.

Those of you that have been to one of these before will agree, this is the best money you can spend as far as driving time for an event. The event will be run after run until 3.30pm, and considering most runs are under 1 minute AND that we're kicking off at 9am, that's a lot of runs :thumbsup:

This is a safe event where you only go as hard as you want to, there's no pressure, one car on a course at a time. Perfect for beginners to have a first try at driving their pride and joy off the streets.

Motorkhana is a low cost way to get involved in motorsport. You can get your first taste of motor sport in your standard road car, but this discipline also caters to the most skilled and experienced of drivers in highly modified or purpose built Motorkhana specials.

The competition is designed to test the acceleration, braking and manoeuvrability of a vehicle and the skill and judgement of the crew members.

A motorkhana may be conducted on a sealed or unsealed surface and involves manoeuvring through tight and twisty tests marked by flags.

Cars will be started individually and there will be one car on course at one time.

With that said, there's usually some friendly competition between mates, which is great to watch :D

This Event will be the 1st Round of a 3 Round Championship.

Round 1 Sunday March 22nd 2015 Texikhana

Round 2 Monday 24th August 2015 Trackday

Round 3 Sunday 25th October 2015 Texikhana

Championship presentation will be at the Club Open General Meeting in November 2015

Points for the Championship will be awarded to SAUNSW Financial Members only.

Points are awarded for Top 20 fastest times 20 points for 1st descending to 1 point for 20th.

Points will be added up after Round 3 and Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd highest totals will be awarded at presentation.

Timing for the day:

Scrutineering/sign on starts - 7.00am

Scrutineering/sign on ends - 8.30am (don't show up at 8.25am, come with plenty of time to spare)

Drivers brief - 8.40am (mandatory attendance all drivers)

Runs start - 9.00am

Lunch approx - 12.30pm depending on how the day is going (One hour)

Runs stop - 3.30pm (Approx)

Gates close - 5.00pm

Entrants please note:

-You do not need to own a Skyline, all makes and models are welcome to enter.

-All entrants under 18 years old must have parental permission.

-All entered cars must arrive in time for and pass scrutineering, no exceptions.

-All drivers must be licensed (AASA or CAMS) and show valid licence and expiry date at sign on.

-All cars must have an insurance approved fire extinguisher secured within drivers reach.

-Sidepipes are not allowed. Screamers/external gates venting to

atmosphere are also not allowed to be entered. No exceptions (this is

not my choice, I ♥ gate)

-Yes you can join SAUNSW on the day (allow an extra 5mins at sign on)

-There is no EFTPOS/Credit Card machine on site, so bring cash and we will have change there for you. If you can bring close to the right amount, that would be helpful.

Regarding your motorsport licence:

Due to changing policy at AASA we cannot process licence applications on the day. AASA or CAMS licences (or proof thereof) must be organised prior and brought to the event. AASA can provide a fax confirmation of your licence status if you require one at shorter notice (bare minimum 2 weeks). Also, CAMS licences can be renewed online if you have previously held an L2NS or L2S.

How to Enter: To Enter you can pay at our Eventbrite page http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/saunsw-sunday-22nd-march-texikhana-tickets-15369426368?aff=es2&rank=1

One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general.

When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to:

* Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly.
* Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should.
* Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAUNSW and thus, treat others accordingly.
* Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

*** Details may change. check back regularly.
*** On the day please bring your Motorsport license as we need to visually see it, We will have you fill out an entry form and waiver form on the day. Your Eventbrite receipt is your confirmation of entry.

*** Any changes to Regs will be advised here.

AASA Passenger Indemnity - with under 18 years.pdf

SuppRegs2015revised.pdf

• Like 2

Might take the MX5 to this and throw it around and have some fun!

when do entries close?

I have first round of another club championship in Feb so will see how the car goes after that.

Payment for entries close 21st March.

Do i walk up and pay the entry? or do i have to buy online?

I have a CAMS licence but i do not have the licence in card form yet.. do they send that to you? lol

CAMS send you a booklet with a sticker that you put on the first page.

Make sure you check you SAUNSW Membership card to ensure that it is also current.

• Like 2

Make sure you check you SAUNSW Membership card to ensure that it is also current.

Fantabulous!

thanks bloke !

Thanks a bunch. So cams will send me something. I have emailed them to check.

See you guys soon!

Will take the side pipe off the race car and fit the rear exit one. Have my hands on a free trailer and tow car again so should be right to do this event. Still also hold a valid club racing license so ill be all set. Probably see you all there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can the wife pay on the day to be a passenger?

Yes Passengers pay on the day. They will need to also sign a waiver and will need the same safety gear as the driver.. so helmet, long sleeve clothing, pants, enclosed shoes etc.

Ps how is entrants looking? Still room?

There is still plenty of room, when it books out we will put up a post saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I would like to come down again and attend this event with the 86. I have tried to get a few more keen unsuccessful for now. In regards to becoming a SAUNSW member where and how to I join up? Ill be coming to all 3 events this year and participating. Should I do an entry form at eventbrite now or await for SAUNSW membership to make a little cheaper prior to paying for the event? Thanks

Looking for to this event...

Hopefully I get my catch can setup in on time at this stage still waiting on the oil filler neck and intake pipe on the front of the turbo to be made STILL to be able to fit the oil catch can properly with a 20mm hose but still keen to fry some treads!!!

• Like 1