SAU Community

Help! Noisy Clutch Pedal Diagnosis (with Video)

ausdrift

Just this last week I've noticed my clutch pedal start to make an annoying amount of noise. I've tried spraying the moving parts in the cabin, but with no change. Its not even a normal squeak, more of a metal bending / clunking noise.

I thought it was best to make a quick video to show, but for some reason SAU always freezes if I try to add a URL or pics. Instead, please search YouTube for the following...

ECR33 skyline noisy clutch pedal

It will be the first one, 22 seconds long. Usually there is no noise when using the clutch, but as you can see in the vid there is quite a bit.

Any ideas why and what the fix is?

Would this be something that would be fixed by installing a NISMO reinforced clutch pedal, but some form of maintenance or parts replacement?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

If the pin is worn, you could buy a replacement, or you could weld it up and turn it back down. If the hole in the bracket or pedal is worn eccentric then you could buy a Nismo bracket or you could drill it out and bush it, weld it up and redrill, etc etc etc.

I got down and had another look but couldn't tell where the noise was coming. I might try replacing the pin first and hope that's is at its cheap. Its a right PINA doing anything on under dash tho