SAU Community

Aircon Back Into A 32 Gtst

sama1500

so i've had my car for about a year now, bought it without aircon and was happy with it but i think i'll be keeping it for a while to come and want to put the air con back in, i want to know whats involved in doing this, parts i need etc. the car currently has the climate control thing and everything on it works, except for the fact there is no actual aircon system in there

Forgot to mention the condenser, fan and something else i cant remember the name of but if you get onto a jap wreckers and just ask for all the engine bay components for the ac, you should get everything you need.

condensor, dryer (should get this part brand new), compressor, and pipes, should be a pipe from firewall (evaporator box) to the compressor, from the compressor to the condensor, from the condensor to the dryer, and from the dryer to firewall(evaporator)
replace all the o rings with brand new hnbr seals, put the dryer in last and just before it gets regassed, drain all the oil oil from the compressor and put new oil in it.

also if you dont have it on the engine already you will need the bracket the ac compressor bolts onto, and the idler pully

and of course a fan belt

the fan at behind the front bar they shouldnt of taken off as it actually for the engine overheating, yet can be hooked up to come on with ac, and it makes the ac work ALOT better

Edited by Scott Black

thanks a bunch scott really helpful! could you show/tell me where i should look for the bracket for the compressor and idler pully so i can check in my engine bay if i have them or not? could mean two extra parts ticked off before even getting started haha