SAU Community

What Have Idiots Done To Your Stagea Lately!

Lakes101

I really hate the way that tray utes seem to be able to do this and extend the rear tray way beyond the rear bumber...

At the least the body builders should have to extend the rear bumper so it is in line with the end of the tray... I know that this is the law in EU... from a rear crash safety point of view it is scary to think that the tray is already half way up your bonnet before your front bumper hits their rear bumper...

Actually, that's a very valid point. Just think about all the road deaths/injuries that occur when a car slams into the back of a truck's trailer. It's similar, but on a smaller scale.

That's the exact reason why all trucks (in Australia) are legally required to have a "load step" as the rearmost point of trailer or load area.

It isn't required in the US and causes hundreds of deaths with cars submarining under the trailer. The first thing that stops the car is the rear set of wheels; and the passenger cabin is already under the trailer, and the driver is missing their head.

• Like 1

Yeah just Lapsed on my insurance so can't claim on that. This is going to have to come out of my pocket

When the 25G got smashed I had Third Party Fire and Theft Cover with NRMA. Because I had it taken home and I stripped the front down to get a quote to fix Nrma said the Insurance was voided.

Guess who has changed ALL Home, Car and CTP to RACQ>

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

wow, its really disapointing to read all these, whilst they make me feel a little better regarding mine its shocking how many people get hit n run...

I had only owned mine for about 5 weeks when it was hit (and run) out the front of my house while i was at work. 2000 Pearl White S2 C34

Drivers side front - Takeros front bar all scracthed up and deep - front quarter pannel crumpled - frontwheel guard popped out - Takeros side skirt scratched (deep) and partially popped of the car, that was back in november, going thru insurance but still awaiting the quote for repairs... was told it wont be cheap due to being a pearl white.... very hard to match... got told ill have the quote next week sometime... that is after i took it in in dec 2014 for photos, then again in jan 2015 cause photo's were deleted.. accidentally.... cant wait till she is sitting pretty again.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like every other time I get groceries, some fool has decided to park next to me and smash a nice graze or plug mark in one of my doors :rant:

Took photos of one of them with the offending vehicle and evidence of my blue paint on their door edge, Rego etc. Left a note, no response. reported to police.... they tried to track down the owner, but vehicle registered in NSW and it happened in VIC.. "no jurisdiction" .... VERY unhappy.

Edited by Kazal

i should have taken a picture but i just got out of bunnings and someone had balanced one of those Allens jelly snakes on my rear wiper.... By the time i got out it had mostly melted into the base of the wiper arm :(

i should have taken a picture but i just got out of bunnings and someone had balanced one of those Allens jelly snakes on my rear wiper.... By the time i got out it had mostly melted into the base of the wiper arm :(

Copping a hard time!

• 2 weeks later...

Stolen from the front of my house.

I suggest GPS tracking and kill switch

Hardcore alarm , flood lights , hidden cams, and a dam remote eject seat activated by phone.

or just a plan old baseball bat.

• 4 months later...

The guy that smashed them is probably the guy selling them on Ebay, lol.

How hard are they to remove?

My wreck has both, but I guess you need them in a hurry.

If I lived in Brisbane I would be a bit suss hey!!! [emoji6] I'm not in a rush if I can get them at a good price mate? But I'm not sure how hard they are to remove just look like some clips holding it in

If I lived in Brisbane I would be a bit suss hey!!! [emoji6] I'm not in a rush if I can get them at a good price mate? But I'm not sure how hard they are to remove just look like some clips holding it in

Haha, OK then, probably not a setup.

I'll climb in tomorrow afternoon & see what it will take to get them out. If easy enough I'm sure I could get them to you at a very fair price.

Edited by Commsman

Haha, OK then, probably not a setup.

I'll climb in tomorrow afternoon & see what it will take to get them out. If easy enough I'm sure I could get them to you at a very fair price.

Mate that would be awesome if you could! Where are you located again? Is your in the Sydney area I could pic them up.

Yeah Dale a few months back someone scratched all up the side of mine looks like it was keyed. Someone clearly didn't like the noise it make when I start her up lol