SAU Community

C34 Adjustable Front Upper Camber Arm Recomendations

mechanicalstig

Hey guys, i got the Stag alligned today after fitting the Slideworx rear camber arms and the rear is sorted, now i want to get the front the same, whats a recommended brand? don't want to buy million dollar arms but don't want something that'll last a week either. Please only recommend arms you have used and if you could list how long they've been fitted for also ? I like the Slideworx products but they don't do front uppers so anything with a similar quality and price range would be ideal.

Thanks, Ben.

I bought Cusco arms as only quality one piece items can pass certification here. I ran them at 3 deg negative for max cornering with my slicks but you really only want 1.5 deg for road use. I sold them when I had to give up the track for financial reasons and got some eccentric bushes which give me about 1.5 dg neg.

260tech, Whiteline eccentric bushes? If so, that looks like the bolts either failed (unlikely) or simply come loose. I've ran the same on my 33 for over a year and they are fine.

I've just bought a stagea that have cusco front camber arms. Both the whiteline eccentric bushes and or cusco arms do a great job. The cusco ones are harder to adjust i reckon.

Ive had superpro eccentric bush bolts work themselves loose. I spotted it before it came all the way out. Pretty scary.

To be fair, I'd say it's the tyre place not doing them up properly rather than the design of them. I had it happen twice after tyre alignments.

• 2 weeks later...

What Jase & John say. Last humans to touch mine was wheel alignment mob. Either way after market suspension parts need to be carefully checked for any irregularities as routine part of servicing imho, Especially lhs., which gets hammered even in a straight line anyway, if you are on shite road surfaces or driving hard more often than not. Which means quite a few of us I reckon. :3some:

I would have found my problem before it let go if I had paid more attention as it is a gradual thing in development of loosening bolt bits, clunks & rubbing noises. Mine was scheduled for inspection/alignment with a suspension mob when it let go. Noises are not to be ignored, they don't care about appointments lol.

Also look for cracks on standard parts if you upgrade swaybars/springs/shocks. (Most of us yeh?)

I have Whiteline solid adjustable swaybars plus Bilstein/Eibach shocks/spring setup. All that extra resistance to movement during cornering is great but was still transferred through bracket pictured below ~ on my bus. Maybe there is an upgraded bracket on the market, dunno.

Found this crack during replacement job after fail on highway. This is the mounting bracket for one end (LHS) of front swaybar drop link to strut. Crack had been there for some time, was already previous looking & rusty, new damage caused by strut dropping on to front axle was nice & shiny, (resting on swaybar bracket) & staying in place thank f^&k, until car pulled up. We were lucky.

Cheers, GW

post-34341-0-75953300-1423542696_thumb.jpg

post-34341-0-49435900-1423542793_thumb.jpg