SAU Community

Newbie - R33 Series One

camsimport

Hey guys,

My names cameron, im new to sau.

Recently got my hands on a series 1 r33 and im looking at doing some upgrades but im not too sure where to go to.

First things first but. The motor itself has been freshly rebuilt (roughly 4000kms ago) with CP forged pistons, ARP studs, new valve lifters, water pump, timing belt, polished crankshaft. Its also got the standard mods - front mount, boost tee, pod, heavy duty clutch, and a eboost40 controller.

My first question with these mods is what engine oil should I be running? Its due for a service but I don't have the time to see a mechanic due to work commitments. Need it done asap.

Secondly, can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the sydney area who knows what they're doing. I know there is powertune, jem, micks etc but I wouldn't mind going somewhere else. Ive spoken to a few about turbo and injector upgrades and e85 but they seem to twiddle their thumbs a bit and lack a lot of information.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hey Cameron,

I have a neo Rb25.

I use Motul turbo light (it's called something else now) 10w40 at 97000km. I have changed it religiously every 5oookm since the 60000 odd mark.

For turbo and injectors I have used hypergear atr43ss2 as a *bolton* (with braided lines) and id1000 injectors which are e85 compatible.

I would say fuel pump, coilpacks, turbo, nistune, ebc, harder intake pipe, exhaust, intake. Do the other filters belts etc in between.

Take it to a tuner and you'll be good.

Check out the hypergear thread.

I used to run Motul X-cess 8100 10w40. Its full synthetic vs the turbolight only being a semi-synthetic

I've changed to Pentrite 10-tenths racing 10w40 on my current engine which is similar to yours by the sound of it. CP pistons, spool rods, Arp studs, cams etc etc.

The Penrite stuff seems good so far. I'm only running 98RON at the moment, might have to re-think oil choice when going to E85 but will cross that bridge when I get there, have done zero research on that side of it at the moment.

I run a Hypergear turbo as well, I've found it to be great value for money. Performs well and Stao is great do deal with. Local support is a great thing, trust me, I speak from experience. If you want true E85 injectors, the Bosch 1300cc are the best to get, but they are pricey. They have stainless steel internals so they should never play up from having E85 sit in them for long periods of time. The 1000cc's should be fine though if you are planning on driving the car daily/weekly

Yep agree with above responses. I should mention that my car is a daily driver which sees no track time. Hence why I use turbo light. I replace the oil every 5000km so I don't get to see any benefits of fully synthetic. :,(

It depends on your wallet and application. Just make sure you service your vehicle at regular intervals.

Edited by Therealsandybang