SAU Community

M35 Tailgate Wont Open

stagea alan

Hi i've had my nm35 for a few months now & the tailgate wont open. I have to open the glass part & reach in to up it. I've been told i need this part. But the thing is im in the uk where there is not many m35 stagea's over here. any help would be great on getting the part i need.

1911980_10206159734379343_65969572775398

It's the one with the part number 90500n

This happened to me once. ended up being a blown fuse. I cant remember the exact location of this fuse, but the fuse boxes are located at drivers side foot area and in the engine bay in front and behind the battery. In case you don't, you can manually open the tailgate from the inside. there is a small panel that you can take off where the tailgate latch is, which will expose the latch. Goodluck

the importer i used to get the stagea is fixing it & had it apart as they said it was the button that was't working put a new button in still not working. but have now sorted the part from nisswreck but spent a few hours last night email people on ebay to see if they had the part

• 4 weeks later...

here's my story.,, mine never opened i tried and tried and even the previous owner of my 2002 Stagea said its never opened its never worked id checked the fuses in the fuse box located next to drivers right foot and they were all fine so today i tried it again i simply unlocked the car (as you do) put my finger on that button pressed in and held the button and pushed with my other hand the glass inwards instead of just pulling and then it opened ! now it works!! it opened to my amazement and then i was hoping it would close again and it does so simple try it again ! might be your lucky day as it is mine

Sorry I sold the car and can't remember. I think there is a fuse diagram behind the cover so you could just pull the cover and look at what it has.

if he could read Japanese ;)

• 2 weeks later...

the fuse for the glass tailgate is a 10 amp and is located on the bottom right of the fuse box next to the drivers foot

i have got the translation for the fuse box in detail i will post

mine never worked then i managed to open it 10+ times and know all of a sudden (after cyclone pam) my glass tailgate wont open again ., really annoying i tried taking of the plastic bit on the inside where the latch is and tried cleaning,drying everything compressed air to blow shit away but nothing works so i might replace the fuse and hope its just that., whats the story can u put a 15 amp fuse where a 10 amp should be ? would this benefit in any way