SAU Community

M35 Intercooler Recommendations And Thoughts?!

Lakes101

Dolphin front bar $912 plus shipping, taxes and charges. Maximum flow

03b72049f947ade8c7a7da7babff442a.jpg

Just too bad if you want to actually lower your car, that bar is huge!

Also a shame that dolphin uses fibreglass, fibreglass is ewww

One of the guys near me has a takero front bar and had to cut off the bottom of it and refibreglass it as it was so low. Aero is lyfe

Just go takeros lip on aero bar. Just adds little wing things to side to tie in with side skirts

My engine temps did not change from running the stock tiny intercooler to running an HDi kit.

Scotty's cooling mod, and a larger capacity radiator will improve the cooling system's ability to shed heat.

IMO; the OEM (quite noisy I agree) is far superior to thermo fans for heat management.

I've run a number of different setups using high capacity fans, and custom made shrouds to ensure efficiency, and nothing works better than the stock Clutch fan.

I did notice an improvement in cooling system performance when I changed from the stock "smiley face" front bar to the Aero Kit front bar.

i can't accurately compare the water temp between stock and HDi due to the outside temp and traffic condition may different.

for the cooling system, i have nismo thermostat, full alloy radiator, breath tank, Motul Mocool, just missing scotty's mod. i agree scotty's mod could stabilise water temp, but less effect when stuck in traffic on hot day? it is all good if my car is running above 30-40km/h all hot day, just problem when stop on idle, especially when aircon is on. if i go hardly even though at very low driving speed, then water temp will go down a bit. it seems the stock noisy fan or waterpump can't flow enough air/water when idle.

i can't accurately compare the water temp between stock and HDi due to the outside temp and traffic condition may different.

for the cooling system, i have nismo thermostat, full alloy radiator, breath tank, Motul Mocool, just missing scotty's mod. i agree scotty's mod could stabilise water temp, but less effect when stuck in traffic on hot day? it is all good if my car is running above 30-40km/h all hot day, just problem when stop on idle, especially when aircon is on. if i go hardly even though at very low driving speed, then water temp will go down a bit. it seems the stock noisy fan or waterpump can't flow enough air/water when idle.

Scotty's cooling mod lowers temps across the board, and allows cooling system to rapidly drop temp after any kind of load related cooling temp increase.

If you did nothing else to the cooling system; this mod would be the one I'd do first.

• Like 1

Scotty's cooling mod lowers temps across the board, and allows cooling system to rapidly drop temp after any kind of load related cooling temp increase.

If you did nothing else to the cooling system; this mod would be the one I'd do first.

This will be one of my next mods. I need to do a cooling overhall with alloy radiatior and cooling mod etc

This will be one of my next mods. I need to do a cooling overhall with alloy radiatior and cooling mod etc

Talk to Scotty about the radiator; he now uses an OEM style replacement (alloy core/plastic tank) uprated core that is much easier to fit than the off the shelf all alloy units.

• Like 1

Dolphin front bar $912 plus shipping, taxes and charges. Maximum flow

03b72049f947ade8c7a7da7babff442a.jpg

The Nismo front bar is 11ty billion times better looking than that abortion.

Shame about the head in the car... ;)

10838001_10153122897702217_6404291385902

Yep just bought Joshs aero front bar, and it's even the right colour !

Let's see if my wife notices..

Might be pushing it a bit with a big shiny intercooler and polished pipes... ;)

I think the Dolphin front bar is priced 300% what it should be and it's actually quite ugly if you look close at it.

Heaps of hard edges, brake ducts way too big, exposing too much, hence the sign in the pic.

Looks tough but lacks sex.

Nismo kit beats it hands down.

For me the Axis Autech looks the best.

I really dig the bling of the Axis chrome grille.

It just brings that elegance this car deserves..

post-25026-0-19677200-1463471990_thumb.jpg

post-25026-0-96294300-1463472670_thumb.jpg

Edited by conan7772
  • Like 1