SAU Community

Want To Become An Sau Contributor?

PranK

Would you become a contributor of SAU?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

broke-is-expensive.gif

We have started losing money due to a very low advertising climate and need to consider new methods for maintaining the site.

If we were to re-introduce paid contributor plans again, would you be interested?

We're thinking;

• Yearly 'support' membership
  • Two new-style SAU.com.au stickers (or more?)
  • Ability to edit own posts
  • Increased PM space
  • Removed flood control
  • 'Contributor' bar under username
  • Maybe (!!) access to an un-moderated member area

What do you think?

Let us know via the poll and in the replies.

• Like 1

I'm happy to contribute to a forum that means a lot to me considering it has equally assisted me in many ways over the years.

As long as the contribution is affordable and applied reasonably to the running/maintenance of the website and consequently the number of advertising banners are reduced.

• Like 3

More than happy to contribute.

Site is beneficial for knowledge, technical info, buy/sell parts, social rants etc....

small banners top and bottom no longer bother me on the PC (part of life on the internet now - no more adds though!)

Serious question. How much does it cost to run a forum board like SAU? Ballpark is fine.

Just the hosting and backups is around $1k per month. Then theres Company costs and taxes, external suppliers we use for things like sending mail etc. Tis expensive. :)

I'm happy to contribute. I've been wanting to for years but the structure hasn't been in place.

I'll contribute in it's current form with the ability to edit posts please! Anything else is bonus.

• Like 1