SAU Community

R32 Build Log, My First Skyline :-)

No limit to budget, but was going to buy a ebay manifold...????

Sounds like you dont really have a clue about what is involved in "your dreams"...

Sorry, i know you dont want to hear negs, but really your about to waste alot of time and money and end up with very little, i fear

it looked good to me,

he claims a life time warranty (which may or may not be 100% true its ebay after all)

i was asking for advice, not to get told that i dont know anything

boys, be human for a second, if i thought that i knew everything, why would i come online and ask questions

im happy to hear of better ways to do things, that way i will build a better car,

btw, this idea has progressed into a new project, i have decided to throw a VR38 into the r32

i started a new thread,

If you look hard enough for Ebay manifold Reviews you will find a thread about some Madzaspeed 3 guys who are using manifolds that look JUST like this that are made by XS-power. They are the GEN 3 manifolds from XS-power and the thread has guys who have been testing the XS-power gen1-3 manifolds. It's strange that this one seems to be made by this TOG shop and looks JUST like the geometry of the XS-power RB26dett T4 divided manifold, but is welded steam pipe. This is what XS-power has done with their gen3 Mazdaspeed manifold.

Another note (not that I'm trying so hard to justify "china" manifolds), but Aaron with Driftmotion.com over here in the states has been using China manifolds for YEARS on his budget Supra turbo kits. He offers REAL Garrett turbos, but he has said that some of the China manifold brands have had some amazingly reliable results on their cars. He likes the wastegates, BOV's, and Manifolds and says he doesn't stock anything that doesn't work. He did say some of them are clearly junk, while other brands are tried and true. He did steer me to some specific brands to look for since he doesn't sell manifolds for RB engines yet and wanted me to send him specific pictures of what I find. Guinea pig!

Either way I hope it drives The Full-Race or other similar brands pricing back down into reality. It sure is hard to justify spend more on a "dumb iron" piece of pipe than the actual turbo (which has decades of engineering research, and moving parts!).

Found it. Post number 654

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/xs-power-turbo-manifold-here-install-pics-154973/index17.html#post2767493

Edited by HarrisRacing

your too right mate

im my line of work we design and manufacture products

once the hard work has been done and all the plans are made,

it is easy to copy it, you can make a good copy or a crappy copy

you can get some indication from the quality by the reputation of the re seller and the support they promise

a reputable re seller will not stock garbage (you would hope)

and in my head, whats the worst that could happen, it will crack,

its not like its gonna explode and kill me and everyone in the car