SAU Community

Fitting "vulture Motorsports" Intake Manifold Rb20det

fijiboy-jb

They don't "do" anything. If that's what you're asking.

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Over 6,000-6,400 rpm where RB20s often start to nose over in power provided you have a happy turbo that makes power (ie not a std turbo and something bigger than a GT2860/HKS 2530 then it will hold power and make more power up top. Trade off is it will cost you some mid range torque and at 4,000-5,500rpm you could find yourself losing 15-20rwkws....

Below is not a single other thing changed other then plenum and associated inlet pipe changes....all on 98

gallery_462_50_44142.jpg

In my case I made something like 15-20rwkws less at 4,000. But at redline/around 7,500rpm 30-35rwkws more on a psi less boost.

So since my car is what I would call a track-street car I often am reving the ass out of it so whilst I rathered I didnt lose all that power on the left hand side of the cruve....when I went E85 it did allow me to exploit the extra boost and revs to make considerably more power up top over 6,500rpm

gallery_462_50_314527.jpg

Odd are on E85 with std inlet it would have nosed over a lot more on E85. Not saying its a great mod...but certainly does change things.

All in all I would run the std manifold and wouldnt bother with the Plazmaman inlet. Though some have had better luck than me with regards to response

That said, If I ran my old Greddy exhaust manifold instead of the 6boost I reckon the setup would have been pretty wicked as would have been the right combination of mid and top. I lost more mid going to 6boost from Greddy manifold than I did from std inlet to Plazmaman plenum which is what the Vulture manifold looks to be a chinese rip-off