SAU Community

Engine Builders Melbourne Rb26/30

BLK-51N

Well I obversely won't be getting them to build my engine. After all I'm paying the 10-15k to build it so I would wanna be happy with what's going in it. I would be following pretty much what rips racing do parts wise and I'm sure they know what there doing. I've had discussions with them recently as I was going to originally going to get them to build it

Is it really that hard to talk to your builder before purchasing the parts? All this fluffing on the internet about how you're gonna buy this first before speaking to your builder is stupid.
Telling the builder that you're buying this and this and he recommends that X part should be substituted with Y part and you'll make it 10 times more reliable is worth a 10 minute conversation on the phone, as well as potentially saving your hip pocket.

Racepace has built hundreds of engines in the past, they're track record is impeccable when it comes to engines. If you're gonna start building engines against a builders recommendation, you're going to find it hard to claim any sort of warranty if something goes wrong.

• Like 4

Don't you think I would of done all the research myself before buying the parts?

All that extensive research you've done and you couldn't spare 15 mins to run it past your engine builder?

Well that I do agree with finally something on the subject to my build not a gtr or stroker lol.

People are trying to save you potentially thousands of dollars...just because you don't like or misread the answers you're getting is no need to be ungrateful about it.

If you want to pay 10k for a basic build stock rods who knows what else go to Racepace.

If you want quality go to Rips or Edge Motorsport they have built a fck load of RBs and plenty of 30s. Edge gives you a library of pics of exactly how your motor has been put together happy customer =)

• Like 1

Haven't heard of edge I will defs be looking into them now and seeing what they have to offer as I'm 100% on going the rb26/30 option. Was looking into rips complete bottom end package for 13k which looks the goods.

• Like 1

Just checked out edge motor works and they are local to me which is a bonus. They look the goods and use Nitto parts in there rb30 builds. I will be giving them a call this week and a suss out my options. Cheers for that daz.

Yeh I seen a few of there builds on there fb page they look quality. I like that they use all nitto internals and pump. Hopefully there prices are pretty good and I'll will be defs getting them to build my engine.

I think you've missed our point here... by a wide berth...

We're simply saying that it's always best to have a chat to some experts before you start buying up parts for an engine.

You should NOT be choosing an engine builder based on:

"Oh, they like to use NITTO parts!"

bQaOA.jpg

No I haven't the comments were said racepace don't like 26/30 they mainly wanna stroke them which 100% not interested in doing at all and wasn't on topic to what I originally posted as the topic. I no what I want built and I will be having a chat to edge about building it soon nothing wrong with that is there?

I do agree with some of the point about talking to your builder before buying parts to get his advise on the build. Which I will be doing and I'm not choosing them on just the basis that they use nitto parts but it is a bonus because that what I WANT lol

Speak to Barry whatever you decide, he is very knowledgeable and will steer you in the right direction regardless of where you chose to get it assembled.

At the end of the day the machinist is the most important part, and workshops usually keep quiet on who they use, mainly as they don't want them getting too busy.

• Like 1

I can vouch for Barry at Edge, known him for a while, very honest and straight, has built many RB's and 2JZ's making over 1000Hp.

We are even involved with a particular 3.2L Nitto stroker build ATM that he will put together, gave the specs and detailed mods to be done to Barry and the Machinist through the owner and after some discussions with them, i highly recommended them as i just dont have enough hours in my day to do it for the owner.

Yes machinist used is kept very hush hush, i call him the precision Nazi. :)

• Like 3

With all these good recommendations by the looks of it I've found the right person to build my time attack engine.

Cheers for the help guys I will be paying Barry a visit in the coming weeks to discuss my build with him.

Well I had a laugh at this thread.

Rule #1 - never just go buy a whole bunch of parts and rock up on someone's door saying "turn this into dinner please".

Everyone workshop has their way. They have their way for a reason. They have their reasons because they achieve their results depending on the many different factors that one needs to consider.

It's relatively easy to build a motor to make power. It is but a tiny part of a larger puzzle, an important one of course but then, aren't they all?

(now I got off-topic a little here, so stop reading if you want)

However there is also more to a time attack/single lap set-up than just a motor and this is where some workshops far excel others. Not many workshops actually have cars doing 1.41-1.43s around Phillip Island or 1.14s around Sandown... If you've got cars doing that, on relatively reasonable budgets, then you've gotta be doing something right - those are the workshops/people you wanna be dealing with IMO.

Also the owners of the cars doing those times are SAU-Vic Club members, so coming along to events and listening/asking their advice will also benefit you a significant amount. Most of them have been around for years and know who the good people are that have done R&D, track testing of products etc. In Vic with Skylines - there is not a lot of choice of workshops that have this level of knowledge/experience. There is a lot more up in SYD and QLD IMO.

And come on Daz - you've driven your car maybe 100kms in 5 years, all of it up and down the HWY... You've never actually raced it around a circuit - very different applications ;)

• Like 2