SAU Community

Where To Get A Proper, Quality Allignment?

ausdrift

I've done a search and only found old info, so here it goes.

My alignment is way out and I need two new rears, so its time again to get that taken care of. Problem I have is that the previous places I've been to for alignments in the past are either monkeys who don't appear to know what they are doing / don't listen to me, the customer (Kmart, Bob Jane) or don't seem to have much experience in aligning adjustable suspension arms (strange, I know).

My R33 has coilovers, a/m sway bars at both ends and front and rear adjustable arms. I also know exactly how I want my car aligned (degrees, measurements, etc)

Where can you recommend, east side, that I can trust and knows how to deal with a car like mine?

Thanks all

Yep - Traction Tyres for me. Have used them on/off for 8 years. Just ensure you book ahead - they are very busy usually (a good sign IMO).

Once I got more serious I used Racepace for the GT-R, they set up their own cars depending on various factors but that's probably not down your alley.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Having had YET ANOTHER poor quality alignment I've come to the conclusion that I wont be trusting any more shops that make the bulk of their money from selling tires. Who would have thought such a straight forward process, that of aligning a car, could be f**ked up by so many shops. Whether its not understanding my cars adjustable suspension, poor service or simply setting it up wrong/inproperly I cant believe its been so hard to get this right over the past few years.

Ive since changed to a Pedders where the manager used to own an R33 and they seem to know all about suspension, as that's all they do. I think ill be going to a place like this, or perhaps a shop that sets up suspension for track/race cars in future as so many shops seem to simply not be able to do this properly.

Mmm, they stripped the camber bolt on my Evo then tried to tell me I need to bring new bolts every time I bring it in for an alignment. I had just tightened it myself so I knew the thread was fine. The mechanic threw his torque wrench at the wall when it stripped, I thought no wonder the thing is over torquing. lol.

Is it worth driving to Pedders South Melb? I swore I would never go back to a Pedders dealer but I have heard so much good press about that particular store.

The guys who operate Pedders South Melbourne aren't noobs, they are proper car enthusiasts in to modified cars. They had an R32 GTR track car and 180SX track+drift car. Ben spent a lot of time setting up my KW suspension to get the right camber setting, although he has returned to NZ now.

Here's their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PEDSM/

The also fitted an electronic brake controller and HD tow bar on my X5, again top quality service.