SAU Community

M35 Modding Advice

GRK35L

Hi Guys,

I am seeking out some advice on modding my M35 stagea. I have been doing some forum searching for info and I am finding it hard to nail down all the precise info I want. I would love to have a X,Y,Z to modding a M35 stagea ( a thread that tells what mods go on easy , and what gains / effects you should expect)

Anyway back to what I am looking to do.

I have a m35 stag which has some mild mods - Exhuast , HDI front mount , Air filter.

I am looking to take it to the next level as I feel it needs more grunt. I am looking at achieving 250-300kw.

From my searches and discussions thus far the mods I can see I will need are upgraded turbo , ecu , injectors and fuel pump. I have so far bought a Hypergear SS2 highflowed turbo which is currently on its way. I have speaking to DVS JEZ who will be doing the install and tuning on car. I am looking to run the car on Caltex E85.

Jez has recommended the following bits so far:

Bosch 1000cc injectors

Greddy Emanage + boost sensor

So the advice I am seeking is some help I guess with what parts to buy to make Jez and my life easy.

So the questions:

1. Greddy Emanage - I can find emanage and boost sensor easy enough but all I can find is a universal harness. Jez has said he has wired them before but apparently there is someone in sydney that also wires them? any info on this

2. I am a noob when it comes to injectors as have never upgraded them before on a car. Is it a one size fits all deal on injectors when it comes to buying bosch 1000cc or are the different types or adaptors I will need?

3. What style of fuel pump is suitable for M35/E85 application?

Any info/links provided would be greatly appreciated. I am about to drop a bit of money into the car and want to ensure I get the right bits. Any extra advice is also welcome. I am also looking into a transgo shift kit and probably some form of a tranny cooler as I imagine this will be required for longevity of my gearbox.

Thanks in advanced.

Here are some happy snaps of the big girl ready for her mods:

11079669_10153129009082591_1121594942_n_

10997236_10153129009222591_243608742_n_z

Injectors and fuel pump best bet is to contact Scotty_m35.

Jez did my car also. good choice.

The guy he is talking about in sydney is jetwreck here on the forum

Will give scotty a message. I have already messaged jetwreck buy have had no reply.

So is my only option with the emanage is theo get JEZ to wire in?

Will give scotty a message. I have already messaged jetwreck buy have had no reply.

So is my only option with the emanage is theo get JEZ to wire in?

If you sent the loom down I could do the wiring, but Craig (Jetwreck) would probably be your best bet if you can get on to him.

There are a few ecu options, with varying degrees of success, but the emanage is by far the cheapest. I wouldn't be pushing more than around 250kw with the EMU, unless you can get onto e85. The timing drift of the stock ecu is the problem, the EMU only adds or subtracts timing and fuel from whatever the stock ecu decides to give the engine.

For reference i am running basic mods with ss2 turbo and emanage. The result is 240 odd kw's.

I am looking into an alternative for tuning but don;t really have any further info to give at this stage.

I wonder if enough series 1 owners got their collective wallets together, Toshi could be persuaded to purchase the remap unit for the stock ECU and get onto it...

I would suggest there is more of a chance with him than with large tuning companies making their software and hardware compatible.

• Like 1

The problem is, as you know Cam; everyone is keen on a group buy, or a discount, as long as someone else (not them) is doing allllllll the legwork.

Once you have a product or a service organised; that's when the excuses start.

"I've got rego due", I need new tyres", " I have to buy pingers for soundwave"; the list goes on and on and on...

• Like 3

I may have some information to share in regards to this but not at the moment. I have a list of things i am doing at present but tuning is not on the top of it.

The bloke i will be going to for my next bout of tuning has said he is willing to look into stock ECU modification as he believes the M35 to have enough support these days. However, I have brakes on the way and R35 GTR seats to fit... come to think of it i probably need to replace my front castor bushes (i think that's what you call them).

I may have some information to share in regards to this but not at the moment. I have a list of things i am doing at present but tuning is not on the top of it.

The bloke i will be going to for my next bout of tuning has said he is willing to look into stock ECU modification as he believes the M35 to have enough support these days. However, I have brakes on the way and R35 GTR seats to fit... come to think of it i probably need to replace my front castor bushes (i think that's what you call them).

The more people looking at options the better, but as Dale said, there is a substantial R+D outlay to be the first. I went through it with the Emanage, and the Fcon, I don't plan on progressing onto anything else as I realise the market will never support it. No way I can justify spending the same coin as the car is worth, just to get a similar tune with more inputs/outputs, so why would I expect other owners would. Shame really, these cars have such potential with a standalone ecu and tcu.

If a reflash came along, like the evo, I would be all over it, but no way would they be silly enough to give us open source access.

Its a hard road when you need someone to innovate as you said scotty it means someone has to outlay alot of money but the incentive needs to be there with enough demand from M35 owners to make it worth while. My Evo was a breeze to drop off for a flash tune and come back running 10psi over stock on mild mods which as you can imagine made a hell of alot of difference.

I personally like to go with what has been tried and tested when it comes to power mods as I don't have a fortune to spend with a baby on the way.

As an update guys turbo , injectors and pump have been purchased. Still waiting to decide but will probably just go the emanage for tuning and just see what I can get out of that setup. My goal is around 250kw but since I will be running E85 hopefully that figure will be a little closer to 300kw but I am happy with what I can get.

I kinda have the opposite Peter,

I have money and no real commitments besides a very minor mortgage but i have to be happy with what i am spending.

I'll certainly have more to say on this once my R35 seats are in and i fit brakes/pads.

My target will be stand alone ECU, up to 300kw's and a manual conversion. If this can't be a reality then my M35 will stay as is power-wise. (after the above mentioned addons.. oh and the areo bar i have coming from Japan :)

Edited by Beregron

• 1 year later...