SAU Community

UglyAgnoc

Hey all I'm Dave I'm 30 and I joined to get ideas on a skyline. Haven't decided what I'm getting yet, the wife thinks r32 looks old, doesn't like the r33 and I think the r34 is $$$ but would like to know what you all think. The style, engine, mods and everything in between. I will surely be a pain but I'm from the US so I've always wanted a skyline but never been able to have one as there are only 14 skylines in total legalized in the states. Thanks in advance for all you ideas and help ;)

I've seen fast and furious they must be everywhere...

that said if you had stayed could have got yourself a sweet R32 GTR

as for a skyline, it comes down to what you like, once you work out what your looking for and budget, then I'm sure people here could help you out massively.
  • Like 1

Buy already modded R33 GTS-T for a few grand.

It's the most reliable, cheapest to modify and maintain of all the turbo Skylines. 32s are old and breaking down, also cost much the same as 33s. 34s are overpriced for what is not much more car than a 33 (unless you dig the looks).

For the lucky amongst us the 33 happens to be the best looking inside and out...but not everyone appreciates that.

Won't find a better value series though, so whether GTS-T or GTR I would go an R33 for your introduction to Skylines. Mechanically and $$$$ can't be beat. Can always sell and buy a different one later but they are a good base to start with.

• Like 3

Actually I found out years ago that the skyline isn't approved by the United States department of transportation so not only are they not sold in the US when you find one and have it imported you must then do massive amounts of work to get the emission levels to the legal limits which means tuning the ecu then you have to have it inspected (basically torn apart) depending on the state your in. Then if you move you have to have it all done again. Just not worth the hassle. Again there are only 14 in the US that are legal and I didn't move here for the skyline but since I'm here I might as well get the car I've always wanted. The funny thing is I recently found out the the skyline is the most pulled over car in Australia lol but that isn't deterring my from getting one. Will look more into the r33 and I think I'm going with the gtst. Thanks for the help