SAU Community

Another Bloody Stolen Car

blind_elk

Last night, some POS stole an unregistered Ford Courier from my driveway in Tarneit. Vehicle is a white 4-door ute, with bullbar and sunroof.

If you spot it, please advised Wyndham North police station. (although I won't be holding my breath for its return)

TIA.

• 3 weeks later...

Boy, did I do something REALLY STUPID today!

Long story short, found the car at Werribee Plaza, cops called, dude about to drive off, cops not on scene. What do I do? Jump on the bull bar for a ride through the undercover car park! Won't be doing that again.

Anyway, dude is an islander POS, car has had plates affixed - front = XNZ 905, rear = NEC 677 (w/LPG sticker). If you spot it, call police.

My worst fear is that now he has been sprung, the car will be dumped and torched.

• Like 1

What you didnt give chase?

Now that you know what he looks like give a description to the police.

If i had someone hanging onto the front bull bar, i would have driven it into the nearest fixed object, your lucky he didnt get pissed off......

• Like 1

Dude tried to "buck" me off by acelerating and braking hard. I took the opportunity on one of these to get off - fortunately no injuries, just massive doses of adrenalin flowing, and the heart pumping a million.

I'm surprised not a single police car with all this "number plate recognition" stuff never spotted it during the three weeks this POS has been driving it around.

If I happen to see it parked somewhere again, I will be trying something different, like stealing the distributor lead, or maybe deflating a couple of tyres.

• Like 1

No good Greg. So even with a description and the car leaving the scene the Police didnt pick him up a few blocks away? Piss weak effort really. Hope things work out for you!

Oh, and massive cudos for going to a far away level of crazy and at least giving the c%*t a fright!

I'm very rapidly giving up hope of police being useful for anything but on the scene crimes and handing out traffic infringements. Call them up to report suspicious activity across the road from us, literally 1 street from the police station and they sit on the phone for 15 minutes asking questions to fill out a report. Or you could just drive a fking car around the corner you lazy bureaucratic dream boats?

Last time I called them for help with a violent situation the fkers turned up 45 minutes later asking where the problem is. I said pick a direction and follow it for 40 minutes.

The car was spotted again yesterday by the guy I bought it from, so I called police. I ummed and arrrd about "will I go there?", and after 5 minutes decided I would. I had to unhitch the work trailer, drive a couple of ks through medium traffic and then stood around for 10 minutes before a cop car showed. A police car actually drove past the opposite direction, then returned because it had heard the call go out over police radio. Actual van assigned showed up 5 minutes later. So, something like 20 minutes elapsed between time I reported car's position and cops showing up. I asked one of the cops attending for his station's direct phone, he said waste of time, because it all has to go through 000 - can't just simply call your local shop and ask them to attend. How fn bureaucratic!

Unfortunately, the car was gone, but it was at a servo with cameras, so maybe they got the POS on film. The dude in the servo was a waste of space - "didn't see anything". FFS, the car was apparently parked there for an hour!

The problem appears to be that, because the car was unregistered, it is not a "stolen car" but "stolen property". And thus it doesn't show up on their list to look out for, despite the fact it has plates which can now id it.

It's not that police not interested in catching crooks, it's just no resources available to actively hunt for them and not allowed to pursue stolen car anyway. I would say 90% of time I'm busy with either babysitting psych patient at hospital or dealing with domestic. That's all policing is these days. Then filling out crime reports for all the cars getting broken into, stolen or damaged.

I pursue stolen car, it crashes and somebody gets hurt. I will get charged with criminal matters, lose job, lose house and probably go to jail. Crook will get slap on wrist!

Spot on Dezz! They're about the only one's free not tied up at jobs because all they do is traffic enforcement! And they won't/Don't come up for jobs either! In my area they don;t even attend collisions unless their Sgt directs them! It's pathetic really!

Paints police in bad light! See plenty of TMU out and about issuing fines and when you need police all tied up!

Spot on Dezz! They're about the only one's free not tied up at jobs because all they do is traffic enforcement! And they won't/Don't come up for jobs either! In my area they don;t even attend collisions unless their Sgt directs them! It's pathetic really!

Paints police in bad light! See plenty of TMU out and about issuing fines and when you need police all tied up!

I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers they have vs general duties cops... Reality is everything's a business these days and obviously they're the ones bringing in the money..

I would guess that in a normal day shift there would be about 6-8 tmu cars out and about and in the same area only about double that amount of General duties police. All of those TMU would be patrolling, performing traffic duties whereas 3/4 of the General duties would be tied up at jobs.

On Night shift including weekends we only have 2 police response cars and one patrol sergeant to cover entire PSA with 200,000 residents! How can we patrol, respond to jobs, even keep ourselves safe at dangerous jobs without b/up?

That's like having 2 single security guards to cover flemington tace track on cup day or same for MCG grand final!

It's ridiculous that the police force resources seem to be primarily an arm of state revenue and secondarily a public service. I get that the force has to pay for itself but take the tax from elsewhere or make TMU secondary priority so the TMU boys can actually be put to use stopping the real criminals instead of the people driving a little fast (who hasn't had a speeding fine in their life?).

I personally think it's ridiculous that all calls for police help need to go through 000 now; can't just call up the station. What if it's not an emergency yet but could quickly evolve into one = I feel like I'm tying up an emergency line that someone may need to get through on, but I also want the police to do something about my situation.

Last time something happened here i called 000 and they told me it was not en emergency and told me to call the local station. They said they will send someone out when they can... .No one showed up.

It was then i said well fk them. If i see suspicious shit ill give as much f**ks as the cops do.. 0.