SAU Community

V36 Sedan - Maximum Legal Wheel \ Tire Size

not sure about SAs rules, but I would expect as long as they don't protrude outside the guards, and the overall tyre diameter is no more/less than 15mm from the orignal tyre size, you should be fine.

• Like 1

You are allowed to go 2" above standard diameter rims, but I am pretty sure you are not allowed to go more than 10m wider that stock track on each side.

But don't worry about your track too much for day to day driving - cops really don't care about it - I have been through a few defect station/breathos with 10" +12 on the back which sit flush with the rear guards and they didn't say a thing, despite having a decent look.

Regency is another thing entirely - I would never visit Regency with anything but stock rims on!

• Like 1

You need to add the Stock Wheel + tyres. Example; if it was a 16” stock, you can go an 18/45 or 19/35 etc... Cops are not engineers they go by the blakard and measure it.

More wheel height will certainly limit the tire height options. It might feel like bit rough with liquorice height tires.

Edited by N3ptuNe

You are allowed to go 2" above standard diameter rims, but I am pretty sure you are not allowed to go more than 10m wider that stock track on each side.

But don't worry about your track too much for day to day driving - cops really don't care about it - I have been through a few defect station/breathos with 10" +12 on the back which sit flush with the rear guards and they didn't say a thing, despite having a decent look.

Regency is another thing entirely - I would never visit Regency with anything but stock rims on!

Seriously?! We've got 40mm TOTAL track increase. Thing is, factory is 215 and I'm running 265s on the rear. :P Is it based on Rim diameter there or rolling diameter? I know that in sydney and here it's on rolling diameter so you could go from a 16 to a 20 and be legal if you were running rubber bands for tyres - technically.

I feel sorry for you guys and Regency :(

• Like 1