SAU Community

Parts To Replace

FireFox-89

When I buy my WC34 Series 1 what parts should I replace?

For longevity I was thinking of a performance cambelt kit unless this is a false economy and I know they have or can have coil issues.

Stock cambelts are good for up to 130,000 so if you replace them every 100,000 you will be fine.

Read the buyer's guide above and wait till you get the car to see if anything needs doing.

Stock cambelts are good for up to 130,000 so if you replace them every 100,000 you will be fine.

Read the buyer's guide above and wait till you get the car to see if anything needs doing.

Cheers mate :)

I'll bare that in mind, the Stagea's in the UK are rare than in Australia so we'll see what comes onto the market, also I prefer the look of the series one.

What is different about the engines, I thought they both used RB25DET engines?

I'll bare that in mind, the Stagea's in the UK are rare than in Australia so we'll see what comes onto the market, also I prefer the look of the series one.

What is different about the engines, I thought they both used RB25DET engines?

I too like the look of the series 1 but the series 2 has the advantage of an easily modified ecu which is a major headahe with S1.

S1 has RB25DET from R33

S2 has RB25DET Neo engine from R34 - better head and turbo - more power.

Yup I had to manually wire in a piggyback and cut the standard loom. Then start from scratch with a fuel and ignition map. I really wish I had a s2 in the first place.

The s1 in standard power form is very underwhelming, and without a shift kit, the gear changes are quite slushy.

The s2 auto still needs a shift kit, but at least the power side is easier. I built my car over many years, but if I were to start again and do it all in one go, an s2 would be the better option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still can't find any series one Stagea's. Found some pictures online and used the 'DVLA Vehicle Check' feature and most are SORN which is annoying. They're probably sat unprotected rotting away on someones drive.

Hope I can find mine before they all vanish.

Whereabouts are you bud?

Dvla vehicle check won't show much tbh - most aren't registered as stageas. Seen them registered as skylines before. My v5 just says Nissan!

Normal service stuff really, OEM cambelt is good enough.

Whereabouts are you bud?

Dvla vehicle check won't show much tbh - most aren't registered as stageas. Seen them registered as skylines before. My v5 just says Nissan!

Normal service stuff really, OEM cambelt is good enough.

Brilliant, sounds good and also I'm in a town called Boston in Lincolnshire UK. Quite far away from Australia :)