SAU Community

M35 Child Restraints

benny12

Who had the neatest child restraint install done? In WA, have seen some terrible attempts. Is there another option than drilling all the way through near the seal on boot door?

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2015 at 10:40 AM, scotty nm35 said:

I thought the existing child restraints were ok these days as they realised the Aus standard ones were inferior? Perhaps I am wrong though.

I'm starting to look into this, will probably have make 100 calls to get to the right Government departments but i will update you guys.

Ps. Rang Northshore Prestige but they have no idea as they said they're only providing the Compliance Plate and that's about it.

Would be very interested where you get with this as I would like nothing more than to do away with the terrible anchor point install that was done on my car.

As an aside, anyone know how the Japanese child seats are installed? Do they use the "luggage" tiedown points or something else?

Would be very interested where you get with this as I would like nothing more than to do away with the terrible anchor point install that was done on my car.

As an aside, anyone know how the Japanese child seats are installed? Do they use the "luggage" tiedown points or something else?

I would say that they use the tie down points. If not there may be a thread point you can use and drill a small hole in the floor panel and use a floor type harness point.

3 hours ago, iamhe77 said:

Got no where yet ........ rang around 10 time to difference Agencies

...but here is an interesting article from Japan Times back in 1999

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/1999/07/05/national/parents-unprepared-for-child-seat-law/

To avoid misuse and mismatching, Toyota Motor Corp. and Takata Corp., a major seat-belt maker, have jointly developed a new child seat based on a standard called ISOFIX that was drawn up by the International Standardization Organization.

The new seat, to be introduced in August, has a base that locks easily with hooks set in the rear seat of the car. Connectors attach the seat to the top of the base.

Toyota spokeswoman Hitomi Hayakawa said the new seat is easy to install and can be fixed firmly to the interior of the car without a seat belt.

• Like 1

Ok 

I got a reply from the department of infrastructure ......sorry i had to remove his/her name as a part of the email disclaimer.

****** Ge***** <Ge*****.******@infrastructure>

12:21 PM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr Kingdick,

Nothing is confirmed at the moment. I can’t give you any confirmation as to how the new system will look, operate nor what will be deleted, added or modified.

The system is still being developed at this stage with nothing set in concrete.

Anything you hear as being added, deleted or modified in the new system is guess work and should not be interpreted as fact.

Kind regards

cid:image001.png@01CEB48B.B2C9B360

Vehicle Safety Standards

RAWS

02 62746549

Isofix is the standard everyone manufactures seats to except stupid Australia.
They have done for many years now; but ADR refused to validate the safety of the seats or the fixture points.
All European cars sold in Australia have been fitted with ISOFIX mounts for years now

ADR have been protecting our lazy, stupid, backward child restraint manufacturing industry because they refused to adopt the global standard, as it would open them up to competition from far better quality equipment.

Due to the death of our Motor industry; ADR was forced to accept international standards which far outstrip any local testing, as legal, and this has opened the way for ISOFIX seats.

• Like 3

Yeah - my M35 (rightly or wrongly) got through compliance 3 years ago without the ADR restraint points, I'm not going to argue it either - I've seen some horrible hack jobs.